Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked for vacuum leaks and it turns out the small cap was missing from the vacuum fitting on the back of the intake manifold allowing a vacuum leak. Not sure when it was eliminated but the vacuum fitting hole on the side of the Air Cleaner Intake Resonator is sealed over. I idled the engine to confirm the vacuum leak and then slipped a rubber cap on the manifold fitting to block the leak. I used my scanner to delete the P0171 code and now the check engine light is off and the car has more power.
In the years before computers an engine with a vacuum leak that big would have run rough and most likely would have stalled at idle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the port you sealed up? I'll be replacing my intake manifold this weekend in an effort to fix a couple issues.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
Hey Tom, I've been battling this code for a long time now. Threw some parts at it. Was going to get a smoke test next. Could you please show a pic of the exact fitting u were referring to?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Find #23 in the diagram, that is the rubber plug that slips over the nipple located on the intake manifold. Without the plug you'll have a massive vacuum leak.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
Really appreciate that Tom. Looks like Haynes. Obviously I don't own one. SO, when I was replacing the Purge Valve today and general inspection of all air related components, I FIND THE PCV VALVE IS OFF THE NIPPLE! CHRIST! It's been like that for 9 I don't wanna say how long) from when I cleaned and inspected throttle body. Must have never made it back on :-( Let's see what happens now with the TC's and the damn computer. ***Trying to clear 0171 & 0496.***

1 - 5 of 5 Posts