1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
starts and runs rough, random misfire and can't pass emissions
code - P1071

I changed mass air flow and oxygen sensors, cleaned the throttle body, cleaned fuel regulator, cleaned the injectors, replaced sparkplugs, replaced the fuel filter, replaced air intake gaskets and throttle body gaskets.
do not know what to do next, can someone help me

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,371 Posts
Sounds like you may have a vacuum leak. This may be around the intake manifold gasket, the hold down bolts sometimes work loose.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
10 Posts
to "SJWilson48"; what was your final resolution to this "P0171" code that you were getting on your 2002 Envoy?
Did it turn out to be loose manifold bolts?

thanks much!!!

I also have an '02 Envoy that's been posting this Error-Code, but haven't thrown any parts at it yet.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
20 Posts
to "SJWilson48"; what was your final resolution to this "P0171" code that you were getting on your 2002 Envoy?
Did it turn out to be loose manifold bolts?

thanks much!!!

I also have an '02 Envoy that's been posting this Error-Code, but haven't thrown any parts at it yet.
Yeah seriously, at least i want to know! So instead of creating a new thread, I thought it would be "resourceful" of me to tack onto this post. So I ended up changing my ECT sensor on my trailblazer 06, which was a complete pain in my ***! Temperature gauge on my dash is finally reading accurately, but the code is still up so i think the thermostat might be gone as well? I don't know I don't want to get into it now because I have a bigger problem. Hopefully I'm posting in the right forum!

So I'm running a code p0171 "system too lean bank 1." Does that mean I'm getting to much oxygen or not enough in the engine? This is a '06 trailblazer that I bought about 6 months back. A lot of problems that I've been having to fix. Vehicle came from Maine, which is rough terrain up there and cold winters, and I bet whoever had the vehicle probably beat on it a little and took it off roading. It has about 126xxx miles on it! I've already fixed so many codes, and problems I lost count! I think its because its a old vehicle with a lot of miles and it came from the state of Maine..bad winters..

The tb is surging when I start it up, almost sounds like its going to stall about every 2 or 3 seconds. When I'm driving it, it performs horrible, horrible acceleration. I cant really notice the surge when i'm driving , but i can hear it when i'm on the brakes and the car is idling. I also have an exhaust leak, I don't know if that's triggering the code, but i doubt it because exhaust leaks are emissions. I think the leak is in the manifold gaskets. That's for another day though. I know this code is "broad" and can mean many things, it's hard to track it down, so I was seeing if someone could help or give me some advice. :crazy:

Thanks Guys!

:thx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts