Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This code popped up on my 06 after the throttle body was cleaned. A friend of my brothers cleaned the throttle body and I thought everything was fine then the CEL came on. Autozone said "P0171" was the new code...grrrr. Now the light does not stay on all the time...it will go off for about 50-75 miles..then come on....then go off. I need to get the damn thing inspected and cannot with the damn CEL on. This car is quickly on its way to being traded in (even if I have to take a loss) as it seems one thing after another is going wrong. Autozone suggested running a cleaner through the tank which I have done...still having issue..any ideas??

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Have you run a search here on "P0171" and read what others have done? It is indeed a frustrating code without a single possible cause.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
11 Posts
p0171

I just had the same issue if you search my user name you can pull up the thread. But right to the point after wasting money on a maf sensor, an upstream o2 sensor it turned out that almost all of the bolts on my intake manifold were very loose and the bolt before the firewall was not even finger tight. Tightend those up and poof the code was gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts