Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was towing my camper home and about an hour and a half into the trip we filled up with gas. About 5 minutes down the road my service engine light came on. I have run 3 tanks of high grade fuel through, changed the oil to a full Mobil 1 synthetic with new filter, and changed the air filter but the light is still on. Where should I start in trying to tie down what is wrong. THanks for any and all input.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:tiphatFirst off, welcome to the site! If you check the search button you will find that it (p0154) says 02 sensor circuit no activity detected (bank 2 sensor 1) which means it is on the opposite side of motor than cyl. one and the forward most 02 sensor. Other more knowledgeable folks may help you better.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
270 Posts
Does that mean that the sensor simply does not work at all or is there a "number" of things that could generate this code?
Hi,

If you have a scanner, reset the code.
If you don't, disconnect the positive pole off the battery for about 30 m.
If the code comes back, reset the code again and disconnect the O2 sensor plug. You'll probably find it on the top rear end of the transmission box. you need to feel the wire with your fingers to reach the plug. there are lock that have to be removed first to unplug it.

Run the truck and see the codes that come on. I f you only have the same code, your sesor is probably defective. If you have another code along with the old one, your sensor is probably intact. Then you'll have to check its connections and harness.

Please refer to the forum with the news to be of more help if possible.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Just a safety tip. It is always better to disconnect the negative battery terminal. If your wrench slips and touches metal while on the positive terminal, great sparks will fly. Not a good thing.:m2:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
270 Posts
Just a safety tip. It is always better to disconnect the negative battery terminal. If your wrench slips and touches metal while on the positive terminal, great sparks will fly. Not a good thing.:m2:
Hi,
You are 100% right. I confused the sides. I wrote positive because I thought it was the handy one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On my 8 cylinder which side is the bank 2 sensor on so I can disconnect it. I unhooked the negative terminal to clear the codes and then about 15 miles into my next trip the light came back on.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
270 Posts
Which side is that? I have looked for a diagram online and here and have not been able to find one.
Hi,
I guess it's going to be the one after the catalizer, on the exhast pipe.
You didn't tell us what the code is. Be precise in following the checking instructions. Otherwise, you won't get any result from whatever checking you make.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
If you are outside the truck and facing the front, afrter raising the hood, the even numbered plugs(or cylinders) are to your left. The front right one is number one. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you to all. I was able to get a new sensor and replace it in well under an hour. I have not had any warning lights come on in the three weeks since. Again thank you all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.