Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Failed smog today. Test read P0106 and P0133 code.

I plan on replacing the MAP sensor, hopefully with high probability that it will solve the P0106 code, but does anyon know if the P0133 code (Oxygen Sensor Circuit Slow Response) might be related? I know diagnosing O2 codes can sometime be troublesome.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Get a look at your real O2 sensor data and see if it's moving slowly. Been discussed recently, and I found a Youtube video of what a good data stream looks like. Was your SES light on, or did you take it into an emissions test and have no idea there was a problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. It is my wife's TB. She just took it in this morning [no idea there was an issue] and got the two codes output. I am not super mechanically auto savvy, but I figure for the price/effort, I can replace the MAP sensor. However, I know from when I had my '90 Toyota 4x4, which had tons of O2 sensor/wire issues, it can be a little more tricky trying to diagnose it. I believe the Check Engine light was on. I will google how to read the data. I dont really have any scope or scanner, but I think they can be rented at Autozone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts