Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a DTC thrown today, P0101 which is a Mass Air value out of range code. I had recently pulled my K&N filter & for a regular clean & re-oil (I have a Vector CAI) and also sprayed my MAF with some MAF cleaner. I thought maybe that I had used too much oil on re-oiling my K&N filter so I pulled the MAF and cleaned it again & cleared my DTC using my DashHawk. The DTC is gone, but now the idle is surging 300-600 RPMs above normal. Any ideas? Can someone with a CAI kit and the ability to monitor Mass Air flow (via Scan tool, DashHawk, etc.) let me know what value it should be at idle. I am showing 16-18 g/s??? Just wondering if my MAF sensor is shot or what?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a DTC thrown today, P0101 which is a Mass Air value out of range code. I had recently pulled my K&N filter & for a regular clean & re-oil (I have a Vector CAI) and also sprayed my MAF with some MAF cleaner. I thought maybe that I had used too much oil on re-oiling my K&N filter so I pulled the MAF and cleaned it again & cleared my DTC using my DashHawk. The DTC is gone, but now the idle is surging 300-600 RPMs above normal. Any ideas? Can someone with a CAI kit and the ability to monitor Mass Air flow (via Scan tool, DashHawk, etc.) let me know what value it should be at idle. I am showing 16-18 g/s??? Just wondering if my MAF sensor is shot or what?
I kinda sounds like a leak after the maf, I would go through all the conections after the maf and make sure theres no leaks. when you reinstalled the maf, did you install it going the right direction?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, thanks Steve. I am actually going to be to see Kirk later this afternoon. I swapped the MAF out and it didn't correct the issue at all. Triple checked to make sure there was no leaks in any of the CAI kit plumbing. I think it might be my TPS sensor that has gone bad in my throttle body, it also threw a P0507 (IAC valve duty cycle high DTC). Hopefuully once Kirk hooks it to his laptop, we'll see exactly what the issue is.

... are you new to Vector?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts