Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,
Thought I'd jump right in here finally w/my first post and talk codes.

Last week P0171 & 0131 popped up on the scanner for MAF & O2 sensors, respectively, I believe. Was wondering if there tends to be any relation between the two, ie, deal w/one first and that may take care of the other? When I figure out which end of the air duct hose the MAF sensor is, I was going to clean that first since that should be a simple start. But writing to find if anyone else has had this combination and how they dealt with it.

Some FYIs: Just drove 3000+ miles from FL to MI to WY the past couple of weeks towing about 3500#. Codes popped up couple days after arriving in WY along w/a corresponding exhaust smell in the cab when stopped. Also, L.O.F service last month and replaced the SAIS solenoid valve about 7 months ago. The SAIS air pump is currently kicking on REALLY loud on cold starts as well (next to go?). Oh, 2007 Envoy, approx 60,000miles.

Thanks in advance for any input...

Joe

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Howdy all,
Thought I'd jump right in here finally w/my first post and talk codes.

Last week P0171 & 0131 popped up on the scanner for MAF & O2 sensors, respectively, I believe. Was wondering if there tends to be any relation between the two, ie, deal w/one first and that may take care of the other? When I figure out which end of the air duct hose the MAF sensor is, I was going to clean that first since that should be a simple start. But writing to find if anyone else has had this combination and how they dealt with it.

Some FYIs: Just drove 3000+ miles from FL to MI to WY the past couple of weeks towing about 3500#. Codes popped up couple days after arriving in WY along w/a corresponding exhaust smell in the cab when stopped. Also, L.O.F service last month and replaced the SAIS solenoid valve about 7 months ago. The SAIS air pump is currently kicking on REALLY loud on cold starts as well (next to go?). Oh, 2007 Envoy, approx 60,000miles.

Thanks in advance for any input...

Joe
Hey welcome with your first post :thumbsup:

The MAF is located closer to the air box so have a look at what you have and have your cleaner ready. Once the Maf is working properly (hopefully only needs a cleaning) the O2 sensor may settle down as the PCM sets levels according to MAF readings.

And check out this thread (post #3) as it has another problem that has sprung up on occasion.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=83061

Good luck!

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey welcome with your first post :thumbsup:

The MAF is located closer to the air box so have a look at what you have and have your cleaner ready. Once the Maf is working properly (hopefully only needs a cleaning) the O2 sensor may settle down as the PCM sets levels according to MAF readings.
That's what I was hoping might happen. While I clean the MAF sensor I'm going to install a new air filter, so need to go get that first. Time for a new one so might as well while I have her opened up.

And check out this thread (post #3) as it has another problem that has sprung up on occasion.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=83061

Good luck!
I had read this as well. Might explain the slight exhaust smell I'm getting in the cab while stopped??

I'll post back any results as I get to it. Temps dropped & snow is back, so not as motivated right now to get to it!

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So cleaned the MAF sensor and changed air filter. Both codes still show up. Examined the intake manifold and what bolts I could get to, they are tight. Any ideas of where I should go next?

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
1,614 Posts
check the intake manifold bolts.
i had the 0171 code that were the leak was

1 - 5 of 5 Posts