Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok took the TB to autozone and had the codes checked one day its p0171 to lean next its p0132 to rich, both codes come from o2 sensor one bank one, so i get a new o2 sensor, and rent a socket from autozone and that thing will not come off, ive tried pb blast, and ended up breaking the rachet. It looks rusted, but should it be that hard to come off...Im assuming the sensor has failed be cause my gas mileage is in the tolet ruff idle and it does not wanna go if you get it to 30 it will accell but it will drink gas like kool aid lol. Im thinking off taking it some where in the AM any suggestions before i do this, and how much should a mech charge to do this its a 4.2 so you can see the sensor grrrrrrr

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
You can also try blasting it for about ten seconds with either a can of canned air (turn the can up-side down so the CO2 comes out as a liquid) or, IIRC, Loctite has a similar product you can buy. Do the spraying after the O2 sensor is heated-up. The sudden freeze shock should break up the rust.:m2:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
270 Posts
Hi,

First disconnect the battery, then simply cut off the O2 sensor wires and get a socket with a sliding T handle and a long pipe to to use it as an extension for the T handle. Heat up the sensor and loosen it with the tools specified and do it slowly in order not to crack the exhaust manifold.

Lean the thread after removal and place the new sensor in.
Good Luck

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
another member in the rustbelt-- and a frozen 02 sensor...
when not in rust belt...they are easy on the TB.
I had more trouble undoing the electrical connection than removing the 02 sensor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FIXED!! Cylinder 4 coils pack was gone and im assuming because it wasnt firing correctly messed up the o2 sensor i had to replace them both. Can anyone tell me where exactly the water comes from that settles on the coil? I wanna get a design to maybe prevent that

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
The water drips down from the cowl area. There is a post on it. One of the fixes is to slide some plastic tubing through the cowl to hood gasket to make a tighter seal.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
this is a problem on vehicles that live in areas where snow sits on the windshield hood area... or where there is ALOT of rain..
water makes its way past the hood seal and eventually into your plug/coil.

I beliave theres a updated rubber seal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh i didnt tell you guys about the QUOTE I GOT FROM THE REPAIR SHOP, i typed that in caps for a reason. I told the lady when i got there i have tried to get the part off but i couldnt, i also told her what codes i was getting, that should have sent up a red flag to let you knIow that he knows just a little about his car. After they got the o2 sensor on they said i need this:

New Plugs 47.88 and 123.15 in labor
Coil Packs 78.64 and 170.51 in labor
Fuel Filter 44.98 and 75.78 in labor
Air Filter 32.98
Motor Vac Fuel Cleaner 99.99

total of 1181.63

I went to Advance Auto changed the plugs in the parking lot, drove it to autozone go the p0304 code, looked it up here (thanx all) got a coil pack installed it in 10 mins, started the truck ran fine. I will do the filters in about a week or so, and get new coils later for the rest of the cylinders if you guys think i need them...Any input on the Quote i got?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i know the owner personally, because i tried to sell him advertising, and have a mind to go speak to him and tell him what happened today and ask him is that the way he treats people? If so i see why he is so expensive cause he has no customers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts