Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Yes, I still have my 02 trailblazer. Check engine light came on, autozone told me it was the o2 senser on manafold, I changed it and light still on, checked again, o2 senser on manafold. Am I missing a in-line fuse or something?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,834 Posts
What is the code number that you are getting? And what is the P/N for the O2 sensor you bought.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
679 Posts
Hmmmm? :undecided I would get the code cleared again. If the SES light comes back again, maybe try a new sensor. The place you bought it from should warranty it. Not very common, but I've had faulty sensors before. Usually the cheap A/M sensors cause the trouble.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Sorry, dont have pin no. autozone checked and said o2 senser on manafold after changing it again. It has stayed on for 500mi now. Is there a in-line fuse? Bad senser?
OK, there is not a in line fuse. The O2 sensor puts out very low voltage and an fuse would not work. However you bought a O2 sensor and you do not know the part number that you bought? I am trying to figure out if they sold you the wrong O2 sensor. They should have given you a print out of the P code that your computer said was the problem. You also lost the sheet? I tend to not trust the highschool drop outs that AutoZone likes to hire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When the check engine light came on I had them check it, found slip...read out says..oxygen senser defective...poor connection at senser...check circuit fuse. The thing is that the light went off and stayed off before I changed it, but I had already ordered it on line, so I changed it, unhooked battery for 20min, then light was off. Then after a few miles it came back on and stayed on. It seems to run ok its just the check engine light bugs me...

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,456 Posts
Burnt wire maybe or not connected properly? Wrong O2 sensor changed would'nt be the first time autozone gave out wrong info. Get the code read again and get the number. Dont clear the code out yet as it might not even be the sensor that is "bad". It could be a different problem that is causing the sensor to read bad that is easier to diagnos when all the info is stored.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Is it one of these? Sometimes you will get a code and the sensor is not the real problem. Just replacing parts does not always repair the problem.
P0130 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0131 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0132 O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0133 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0134 O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0135 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
If it is another number it would help if you would post it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Guys, I`ll check it again some where else, and clear the code again. I was going nuts trying to find a in-line fuse. I not sure where my son ordered it online...I paid about $50 for it, it looked like the exact part and snaped it in with no problems...Just cant figure out why light went out before changing it. And why did I change it...because the new one came in...

Guess I`m on my next problem, putting my ringtones on my new hue 2. Thanks for your help...:)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Good point Roadie, but once it does heat up, due to exhaust gases, the O2 sensor will operate correctly. And it sound like his is not. Or he has another problem and another code.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
#1: Exhaust manifold centrally located.
#2: Exhaust pipe after the cat.

If you know what they look like (and Googling for their appearance is easy) or if you've bought the replacement, they should be trivial to find.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
96 Posts
after reading this post yesterday, i just get myself up, head to AC Delco dealer, buy a new O2 sensor for 55 $, open the hood, uninstall the CAI, try to locate the Sensor, found it, it was very difficult to take it out, and i think it was the original one, note that it is a 2003 TB, when it came out, it looks really different from the new one, the sensor head was half size the new one, anyway, i gather back everything and take it for a trip, off course, unplug the battery, wait for 30 minutes to prevent codes etc...
but the reason i post this just to inform you how good my ride became, very pleasant one, i can't believe how the gas pedal react, i just push to half, the truck accelerate like never before, and other issues had been solved, like the shaking feeling when in complete stop, i can feel the same when it is on N or D, and this feeling was when the first time i had my truck.

Note that no CEL nor codes were on the truck, just change the O2 sensor will improve your mileage and make your trip much comfortable :woohoo:. Trust me.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
this is a pic of my old Sensor, it is completely different from the new one, any idea?
Your old one is generation 1 and the new one should be generation 2. The new one has a faster heat up and overall reaction times are faster as well. (There is also a generation 3 but iirc it will not talk to our PCM's correctly. The voltage runs from 0-12vdc +-)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.