Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having the same problem as most people on here it seems. My 02 TBEXT overheats(goes above 210) when i am not moving with the a/c on. I have had the truck for over 2 years now. This is the first time i have seen it ever go above 210. In the winter time and when the truck sits for along time and cools of, if i start it it sounds like a jet is taking off. So i am assuming its the fan clutch. So i tried disconnecting the plug on the shroud. People say you should get a check engine light and or hear the fan clutch clicking. I get neither. What is funny is that i can have the truck running at normal temp with the a/c on and go to the engine bay and stop the fan with my hand and hold it still till my truck overheats. The fan clutch never engages at all. Isn't that not right?

My next question is I have a friend with a 06 TBSS. He did the ls1 fan mod. He gave me his fan clutch assembly that has only 15,000 miles. Is this a direct replacement, or do I have to reflash the pcm?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
365 Posts
My next question is I have a friend with a 06 TBSS. He did the ls1 fan mod. He gave me his fan clutch assembly that has only 15,000 miles. Is this a direct replacement, or do I have to reflash the pcm?
According to the part numbers for the 2006 TB SS and the updated part number for the 2002 TB LT, they are the same fan clutch. Can Someone else verify this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts