Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 trailblazer ltz 116k as u guys can see when i have the rpm on idle its rise up and i rise the rmp to 2k the gauge goes down. This car has been sitting for awhile so i dont if this is normal on this type of car. My temp outside is around 50F. Right now

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
20 Posts
Follow up question: my temp is just under the 1/2 mark. When I had an impala, that meant the head gaskets needed replacement. What should the gauge be at (generally, because they are all different)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
5 Posts
That temp is hot abnormally high, but higher than most like to see.

Check the following to make sure.
1. Coolant condition
2. Thermostat operation
3. Fan clutch (if so equipped)
4. if you know someone with a scan tool, have them check and see waht the temp readout is on the scan tool....could be you have a bad gauge, or possibly a bad temp sending unit.

That truck has been sitting a while...if it was me..I'd flush the system good, change thermostat, change water pump ( cant hurt at your mileage), put in new correct coolant....then see where it is....all these items are normal maintenance, and probably due to be done anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will this give me problem if i drive it like this for now until i could get check

That temp is hot abnormally high, but higher than most like to see.

Check the following to make sure.
1. Coolant condition
2. Thermostat operation
3. Fan clutch (if so equipped)
4. if you know someone with a scan tool, have them check and see waht the temp readout is on the scan tool....could be you have a bad gauge, or possibly a bad temp sending unit.

That truck has been sitting a while...if it was me..I'd flush the system good, change thermostat, change water pump ( cant hurt at your mileage), put in new correct coolant....then see where it is....all these items are normal maintenance, and probably due to be done anyway.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
5 Posts
Where it is now, most likely not.

But keep a close eye on it, and if it goes higher, get it looked at right away

·
Banned
2,762 Posts
After a while sitting take cap off and see i8f full and us a thermometer and see if both reading the same to see if could be a bad stepper motor and/or sending unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts