Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
My 2005 TB EXT has the factory overhead DVD system. System works great; never had any problems with picture or sound (although we just bought the vehicle in October, so no extensive use yet.....). Problem that comes up periodically is that the screen will not flip down. This leaves the system essentially without any power. Unable to eject, insert, or play any DVD. If I turn the vehicle off completely, then restart, this sometimes resolves the issue, but there is no consistency.

I haven't noticed any discernable pattern that would indicate a cause for the system not starting. I haven't looked at any electrical issues since the player works fine 2/3 of the time. Any ideas???

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
218 Posts
What do you mean it won't flip down? Is yours power operated? I have the factory DVD player in my '04, and you have to pull the tab and pull the screen down. It's stiff, but I'm pretty sure it isn't power operated. Yours may be different though.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is power operated with a button on the contol console (play, skip, eject, etc.). I've tried manually opening it while depressing the button, but obviously not with too much force......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts