Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, Does any one know if there is a RCA out put for the video on the factory overhead dvd player. I'm adding some head rest monitors and would like to play from that dvd player/monitor onto the others aswell. i know the RCAs mounted on the back are for auxillery inputs, just hoping there was a spot to tap into to attach the new monitors to. I'm thinking maybe there is something inside if i pull the unit down.

Also figuring worse comes to worse i can add a dvd player under the seat and run head rest off of it and then run that upto the aux inputs of stock one as well.

thanks for any help!

Mark:undecided

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no RCA type output on factory overhead unit, However you can tap into the video flipdown screens blue wire to get video out to additional screens.
Awsome. Is there any way to go from the blue wire to RCA, Can I just cut the end of an RCA and sodder then together? I'm thinking there are two wires in each RCA cable, am I right about that? If so what would i conect the other wire to? What I'm thinking is there is a + and - aspect to it. One is the nipple on the male plug/hole on female and the other is along the exterior of the plug. Do you know what i'm talking about. Like i know when you have a line converter for audio you hook up your +&- for the speaker line in to it then it goes to 1 rca. So I'm thinking the second wire would be a ground maybe?

Also I've read on here that you can set the radio to 88.3 and hit surond on the remote. i don't have suround on my remote, I've put it on 88.3 and tried all the buttons. Is there a way to play audio over my speakers.

Thanks for the help!:thx

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
34 Posts
Connect the Blue wire to the center pin of the RCA and connect the outside of the RCA to a metal ground on the DVD player. And be sure you have the blue wire that leads from the DVD to the monitor.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

awsome man, I can run those into my kenwood fm moduler. I was figuring i was gonna have to by an after market dvd player and not use the stock one any more. Last thing i need is to try and find more space for more electronics.

Thanks again i owe you:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
230 Posts
:coffeeInstaller is workin on it now as I type from there showroom. Getting a motorolla Bluetooth kit,VSS wire Mod, a IPOD interface and Hopefully Video out to my front screen from my OEM Rear DVD. I will update as soon as I know

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
230 Posts
IT worked they are putting everything back together now THANKS AGAIN TRAILVOY. Now my factory overhead dvd player plays on my Factory NAV. and I had them wire the extra input to my IPOD cable so I can watch my IPOD on Both screens :grouphug::thx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts