Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove down from Atlanta to Ft Walton beach last night. Along the way coming up a hill I noticed the trans shift into 3rd, but not back into OD once we crested the hill. RPMs were hunting around a bit as well. Felt "funny".

shifted it into 3rd, rpm's rose a touch and you felt the shift. Back into D. Stayed in 3rd

Got off the gas slightly and it shifted into 4th....but no converter lockup. trues to...but slips

I keep it in 3rd for awhile.

Stopped for gas, put it in drive. Now we are going 55-65 instead of 80. TC locks up no problem. I touch the brakes, see/feel the unlock....then it locks back up again.

Won't lock on the highway, will in town.

No CEL.

Fluid is slightly overful, and trans was flushed about 5K ago w/dextron 6 and new filer.

Ideas?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I drove 450 miles home, same route. Trans shifted/acted normal the entire way there.

No idea, but I'm now looking for a tahoe or something else to upgrade to. No sense in having to dump 1500+ into a car who's value is dropping faster than obama's approval rating...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.