Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so my cousin and I were going out to the woods to put up a trail cam. We knew which deer trail we wanted to spy on...our only problem was...the river was in the way. So like any good TrailVoy'er...I went for it, and since it didn't happen if there are no pics....well, here is the video. Let me know what you think. :woohoo:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,357 Posts
Holy crap!!! Did you take in any water at all???
I can't believe you guys went through the pass that fast....

Nicely done though...

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Looks like fun.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy crap!!! Did you take in any water at all???
I can't believe you guys went through the pass that fast....

Nicely done though...
No water inside...nice tight door seals. Obviously, it was a little deeper than i thought. I had crossed the same place a week ago, and the water only came about halfway up my 17" rims. We had gotten about a foot of snow, and then a fair amount of melting. When it came up over the hood i stated the obvious("Holy S*#t"), but i wasn't about to stop to analize the situation. I figured no one would believe me, so we took the video of our way back across. It was a good time giving my dirty girl a bath! :woot:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,031 Posts
I would be worried about what your intake inhaled on the way through. Did you pull the filter and inspect it yet?

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
:D That's pretty cool (since you made it through with no issues) I woulda been worried about sucking in some water through the air intake, but all's well that ends well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
940 Posts
Great work! I don't like river driving becasue of all the mud. Plenty of it to get stuck in. :no: I left 10 feet of tracks into the St. Joe river, but the front wheels dug in too far and I decided it wasn't worth it. Water level in that area is zero now though.

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Looks like a fun crossing. I'm going to go ahead and assume that you aren't lifted. I'd say a suspension/body lift and larger tires would take the intake out of the danger zone.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i agree...but an empty wallet keeps it in the danger zone!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts