Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)New Here. Hello to everyone. I have used this forum in the past to repair and fix my 02 trailblazer lt. Now i have a question of own. I have the automatic (digital) twin thermostats for the cabin HVAC. My display reads both inside and outside temps. I couple of days ago I noticed that the caution ice warning light/alarm was coming on. I looked down at my temp gauge and the temp was 32 degrees and dropping fast. It hit about 5 degrees before coming back up to 58 degrees. Which was pretty close to outside temp. Has this happened to anyone out there. The AC and Heat work fine inside the car. I have noticed also pooling of water on the ground when parked after driving for awhile.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
Pooling of water on the passenger side is very normal. Just condensation from the AC.

Your sensor has failed - just search for "outside air temp sensor". Cheap part and easy to change.

But you might try the manual reset procedure first. At the same time, press Front defrost, rear defrost, and MODE buttons. That sometimes cures a stuck sensor on the automatic systems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.