Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Some of you may know but last December I had put a Flowmaster super 44 muffler on my 4.2 I6 trailblazer to pass inspection. Now its just loud and the v8 guys say I drive a rice burner. The bashing I don't care about (screw em) but the drone in the interior is god awful. I'm thinking of maybe a magnaflow muffler or even maybe going back to stock muffler (resonator can is deleted and will stay deleted) Would a magnaflow quiet it down some? I know its a performance muffler and I'd hate to put another HUGE stock muffler back on. The flowmaster sounds good outside but the wife and I hate the drone. Thanks, and if this subject has been talked about before I apologize for creating another thread.

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
jba rice burner

hey all sorry if this has been covered before but couldn't find anything.
i put a jba exhaust system on my trailblazer from cat back all 3" stainless sounds like crap but the performance and fuel savings has been great. i want to remove the muffler and put something else on thats maybe a little milder anyone have any suggestions for a 3" muffler that sounds good on the 4.2 and doesn't have an annoying drown.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8 Posts
Hard to find a 3" muffler thats quiet. I would look more into sport mufflers to change up the tone rather than tone it down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts