Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just bought this Envoy last week, new to the forums. Anyways, Its a great truck, in great shape, the previous owner owns a truck accessory company, so it kind of looks like he put any and all possible exterior accessories. I'm thinking of definately taking off the "Fast and Furious" decals along the sides, but am not sure about the brush guard. For the most part I think it looks gawdy and tacky, what do you think?

Thanks for your input.:)

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
685 Posts
The decals got to go. Take them off.

The brush guard looks good but if you decide to take it off and sell it, hit me up.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,055 Posts
I used to have the GoRhino brush guard on my Old Blue Trailblazer. I didn't get the one with the light protectors as I never liked how large they were (a byproduct of our light design). The center guard alone was OK I thought.

Then later I switched to the MileMarker heavy duty brush guard/winch mount. Again, without the light protectors. I liked this one better because not only did it look sturdier, it actually WAS more sturdy because it mounted to the frame in 6 locations.

AG

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
The running boards will help prevent any chipping right in front of the rear wheel wells. To me the brush guard is a bit much, but I like a clean look. If you do any off roading then might be good to hang onto it just in case.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
2,251 Posts
Other's opinions are just that, opinions. (sorry for stirring up the pot guys) :cool:

If you're ok & happy with your ride, that's all that should matter.:thumbsup:

LOL. ... and don't even get me going on decals! (I think I'm the decal king on two forums now... heheh) :rotfl:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Other's opinions are just that, opinions. (sorry for stirring up the pot guys) :cool:

If you're ok & happy with your ride, that's all that should matter.:thumbsup:

LOL. ... and don't even get me going on decals! (I think I'm the decal king on two forums now... heheh) :rotfl:
:iagree: It is whatever YOU like. But since you asked.........

I like the brush guard. I have a black one on my TB, but like AlekG, I too have removed the headlight guards. It looks so much better without them, but again that's just my opinion.

Decals can be tasteful. Those are not :dielaugh:

Running boards can protect the lower body panels from rock chips and such, so that one is up to you. I could take them or leave them but they do make thinks look slightly more mini van-ish to me.

Whatever you decide, be sure to post pictures :excited:

Chris

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I just took the brush guard off and I have to say I like it much better off. If it was black - or if I could take off the headlight guards and leave the rest - I might have left it on. But the one that the previous owner put on was just too bulky and too much chrome.:crazy:

I'm going to try and get the decals off this weekend and throw up some "after" pic's.

Peace.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
13 Posts
Brush guards? thumbs down.

Do you need the brush guard? If not it's just dead weight lowering your fuel economy. I hate to see those things on trucks that will never see an ounce of mud in their lifetimes. ...makes for expensive and heavy jewelry... so unless you actually go off roading it makes sense to ebay it and buy something that will make the truck look better.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Do you need the brush guard? If not it's just dead weight lowering your fuel economy. I hate to see those things on trucks that will never see an ounce of mud in their lifetimes. ...makes for expensive and heavy jewelry... so unless you actually go off roading it makes sense to ebay it and buy something that will make the truck look better.
I used to think that too, until I hit a deer with another vehicle I had.

I have hit a deer with the TB and it was fine. Granted, I was not moving fast, and it was a relatively small deer, but still, I am sure there would have been damage if I did not have the guard :yes:

I will sacrifice a mile or 2 MPG for a little protection. They are actually not good for off roading (MOST of them, there are exceptions, decrease the approach angle dramatically).

Chris

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I'll hardly ever be doing any offroading - and when I do it won't be anything more than a forestry road to go camping or fishing, so yah, I don't need the brush guard, and I just didn't like the look of it. I doubt it affects gas mileage though, when I took it off I could carry it with one arm, it's only about 35 lbs or so, i would be surprised if that would make any difference in mileage. But, I guess I can keep an eye on it to see if it gets better now that the try-hard brush guard is off.

I've also been thinking of taking off the side moulding on the doors - anyone know how easy or hard that would be?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.