Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...
I am going to be getting a set of leather seats around tax time, and I can not make up my mind over what color!
I have an 05 TB LS, Silver, with a grey interior now.
I kind of want to just get a set of grey seats so it matches everything, but at the same time, I would prefer a black interior. I know I can get a set of black seats and paint some interior pieces black to blend it together, but do you think the final result will look goofy?
Does anyone have a silver TB with interior mods?
thanks for any help on the subject, I really would like to make up my mind soon, if I decide to go the black route I can start painting pieces now, ya know?

:thx

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
207 Posts
I have the silver on silver and it looks good. I thought about doing some interior peices black. It hink it will look good what ever you do. Are you getting your seats covered or buying oem seats that are leather? Because if your getting them wraped you could do all grey with a black piping around them. Or black with grey inserts.

·
Registered
2005 chevy
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not exactly sure what I am going to do, from what I have found to get the covers, or wraps, its still gonna be around $700, so if it is that in close in price I may just get a whole new set.....
That would be much easier, just take the old ones out and slap the new ones in.
Do you have any pictures of your interior? I didnt see any in your gallery.

·
Registered
2005 chevy
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really like the idea of grey seats with black piping around them... but once you start doing stuff like that, the price skyrockets, at least through katzkins

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ill take some pictures just for you tomorrow:thumbsup: Also it may sound weird but I think there is like 5 different shades of grey on my truck but it still looks good.

$700 if you take it to a shop and get it done? Or just the skins and you do it your self?

IMO if you have a shop do it they can redue the foam (better then new) and you can have one off seats in your TB. ;)

·
Registered
2005 chevy
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Around $700 if I get the covers and do it myself. Upwards of $1100 if I have a shop do it.
Thanks man, I sure would appreciate some pics!
Oem replacements seem the easiest route, but if I'm gonna do it I may as well do it right.

·
International Chapter
3,900 Posts
Can we get some pics from guys who already done it ? for other Silver brothers out there ?? ;):D may be we wanna do that too ? :undecided

·
Registered
2005 chevy
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok.... any updates here? I think I might start a thread titled
"CALLING ALL SILVER TB'S" just to try to get the maximum feedback...

I wonder if a black interior was even an option on a silver tb... probably not, as all I have seen is the grey....hmm.....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sorry for the broken promise. But here you go, better late then never.:thumbsup: Hope this helps

and had to get one with the wheels. I couldn't help my self.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I always wondered why the f:xck they thought it was a good idea to use 6 different shades of grey to do the interior. Id like to do some black to break it up but........thats way to much work. Im done messing with this thing :suicide:

·
Registered
2005 chevy
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha, hey its always better to be late than never at all!
Yeah I kinda like that there is so many shades of gray, I think if it were all the same it would just blend in together.
Thanks man, I appreciate it....
Im gonna watch ebay, and see if I can find a set of gray, although I havent seen a a mtaching set in over 6 months. Seems like black is pretty easy to come by, and Ive seen a whole bunch of SS seats... but if I go with the black I'll have to change out my carpet and paint stuff, open a can of worms, basically....so gray it is.
Maybe I'll still do some black accents, just for some contrast anyway...
but....
THANKS MAN, I definitely appreciate you taking pics to help me make up my mind!~
:thx:D:thx:D:thx:D

·
Registered
2005 chevy
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I assume that you put those in? Your truck is an LS, so I would have to assume you did. Where did you get them from?

·
Registered
2005 chevy
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have tried every junk yard in a 200 mile radius. Everyone I talk to says that as soon as they get the TBS or Envoys in with leather they immediately rip em out and turn to ebay. It sucks....

·
Registered
207 Posts
when I bought it it had leather seats. I was told that it was a custom order. When you buy a car you can get anything added for a price. My dad bought a new car and had leather seats put in for a extra price. And my friend bought a new colorado and had leather put in for extra.

Thats the only reason why I bought a LS is because it had leather. I would have got a LT but 4 years ago when I bought it it was VERY hard to find a used trailblazer.

Sucks about the junkyards. I will keep my eyes open and see if I can find some.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Black
http://dallas.backpage.com/AutoPartsForSale/_700_trailblazer_black_leather_seats_door_panels/classifieds/ViewAd?oid=7869217

Or just do this, looks like the same quality as mine....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVROLET-TRAILBLAZER-LEATHER-SEAT-COVERS-NO-RV_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem518ee86963QQitemZ350289946979QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

These are OEM covers.. in grey GET THIS ONE!!!!!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-2009-Trailblazer-2R-leather-Interior-Seat-Cover_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20ae72fb9eQQitemZ140365724574QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Just buy the covers. No since in buying the whole seat when you have perfectly good ones. If you were to take it to the dealership they would just cover your existing seats anyways. Go witht he last one they are OEM covers:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts