Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
I have ridden in a SS with the SLP duals and there was a slight drone at around 55 mph. I dont know if just the resonator delete would be the same. Check with some of the off road guys, alot of them seem to remove them for more clearance.

·
Registered
2008 chevy
16,008 Posts
im just waiting to order my SLP tip then im gonna do that.. i also have a borla muffler that i have to try to get welded up its dual in and dual out

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
963 Posts
Took mine off right away, hated the coffee can look of the thing. As others mentioned, slight drone but nothing too loud. Only spent $80.00 :D

Went with a polished stainless steel tip for durability and looks; chrome tips will rust over time. :yes:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2006 chevy
69 Posts
How are you getting by the emmisions tests? I assumed with no muffler that they would fail it. Oh, and howdy neighbor. I'm about 25 minutes away.

SShhhh....... I think there was something in the inspection guys eye when he looked under it!! Which direction 25 minutes away are you?!?!??!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I deleted the resonator and the muffler shop re-used the stock tip, total cost was $50.00. As Fishunter said, ther is a drone at about 55 to 60 mph, above or below that speed there is no drone, it's way louder at wot, and the best part is it lets it sound like a LS2 should!!

The down side is, it decreases the "stealth" factor, when you floor it it's a lot louder than stock. I noticed NO power gain (did'nt expect one).

The muffler is still there so I would be suprised if there were any problems passing an emissions test, mine passed with NO problems, emissions tech did'nt even mention it. Go for it! :woot:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SShhhh....... I think there was something in the inspection guys eye when he looked under it!! Which direction 25 minutes away are you?!?!??!
Southwest.

I deleted the resonator and the muffler shop re-used the stock tip, total cost was $50.00. As Fishunter said, ther is a drone at about 55 to 60 mph, above or below that speed there is no drone, it's way louder at wot, and the best part is it lets it sound like a LS2 should!!

The down side is, it decreases the "stealth" factor, when you floor it it's a lot louder than stock. I noticed NO power gain (did'nt expect one).

The muffler is still there so I would be suprised if there were any problems passing an emissions test, mine passed with NO problems, emissions tech did'nt even mention it. Go for it! :woot:
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
they test sound on your guyses emissions tests?

a muffler is only really used for sound supression, not emissions (thats what the catalytic converter is for)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I did the muffler delete, and love it. She sounds pretty mean, but not crazy loud. Louder then the resonator delete though, that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
they test sound on your guyses emissions tests?

a muffler is only really used for sound supression, not emissions (thats what the catalytic converter is for)
They just began stiff emisions tests here. It's all kind of new. Just CYA. I don't forsee any problem with it but there could be the occasional butthole.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I agree with Frostee, the muffler and resonator is noise control only, removal of either (or both if you wanna get really nutz) should not create any emmissions issues.:m2:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts