Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my Pioneer DEH-P700BT is F uped well I think its a combo between deck and RCAs, got crazy noise in my system. Anyway deck is still with in warranty so I am going to try to send it back but since i got it off Amazon i don't know if they will honor the warranty (unauthorized dealer). Anyway if they wont fix it i was looking at these three as a replacement.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_099CD5030/Eclipse-CD5030.html?tp=5684
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDA805/JVC-Arsenal-KD-A805.html?tp=5684
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020CZ509/Clarion-CZ509.html?tp=5684

Looking for some opinions from the Audio gods around here. I really like the the 5 volt pre out of the Eclipse and JVC dont really know much about clarion. I am open to others out there trying to stay with in about $200-$250 and has to have built in blue tooth. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
198 Posts
I don't know about you, but I tried many of the flipdown faceplate radios and I could not stand them. Took everyone I bought back.

I lean to JVC most of the time, they have treated me good over the last 15 years or so.

You can make an offer on SonicElectronix site. You are allowed 2 offers per day, so make it a good one.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17638_JVC+Arsenal+KD-A805.html

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
167 Posts
Personally, I have found that with the technology that is out there, most of the bigger companies all have about the same performace. It is really about the design and style you want. I have never had anything other than ALPINE and Pioneer so good luck! Have you ever thought about a double din unit? THose look great in our trucks! I was able to find an AVIC D3 for $100 on Craigslist and have had it for almost a year now with no problems so you might look around there as well!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you should have made a thread! a couple of us have teamed up troubleshooting pioneer deck noise:)
what have you all came up with. I think i fixed the problem with out spending any money for the moment. I took out the deck and played with some ideas. I ended up grounding the three sets of RCAs to the deck cage. That cleaned it up no more noise. Now what does that mean? I dont think it is the RCAs any more cause I swapped out a set and still had noise. So I am figuring that there is something wrong with the RCA outputs of the deck. Am I right or way off.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
what have you all came up with. I think i fixed the problem with out spending any money for the moment. I took out the deck and played with some ideas. I ended up grounding the three sets of RCAs to the deck cage. That cleaned it up no more noise. Now what does that mean? I dont think it is the RCAs any more cause I swapped out a set and still had noise. So I am figuring that there is something wrong with the RCA outputs of the deck. Am I right or way off.
that is a common issue/ fix with pioneer decks, i wouldnt be surprised if the noise comes back with the replacement deck...pah haps its a design flaw:undecided

props to you for troubleshooting and fixing it:thumbsup::hail::cool:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the props. i just don't understand it wasn't like that till i got my new subs i hooked them up and then the noise came. it just doesn't make sense. My last premier deck never had any noise problem.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i dont know i hooked everything back up then turned it on. i dont get noise through the subs just components. so i dont know

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
i dont know i hooked everything back up then turned it on. i dont get noise through the subs just components. so i dont know
i remember reading a topic on avic411 about a specific procedure when hooking up rcas, even for non avic models....dont know if that deck has the infamous pico fuse:undecided

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
i had a similar problem with my pioneer, i took it to an installer and he grounded the unit to the cage. i know that some models have a picco fuse (?) that often blow on the 800/880 models, could it be other models too?

could you try a ground loop isolator or grounding the HU to the battery?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well grounding it out to the cage worked for now. It does have a fuse in line with the. i was thinking of getting some GLI but i couldnt remember the name of them for the life of me earlier. I have never used GLI before im guessing they just go inline with the RCAs. would i want to put them on the deck or amp side of the RCA?And what is this fuse you all are talking about?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.