Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a week ago I added a four channel amp, worked fine. Yesterday i was looking for a spot to install a carputer I'm building. The best spot for me is where the on-star module is located. Under the passenger side rear seat. I disconnected it and take the truck for a test drive everything's fine and working. I turned the radio on and was cleaning the shop, the sound stopped. Radio and amp where on just no sound. And no power to either front door, and key-less entry wasn't working. Back doors have power. I plugged the on-star module back in and still no change. All fuses are fine. it is a Bose system as well. Any ideas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So a week ago I added a four channel amp, worked fine. Yesterday i was looking for a spot to install a carputer I'm building. The best spot for me is where the on-star module is located. Under the passenger side rear seat. I disconnected it and take the truck for a test drive everything's fine and working. I turned the radio on and was cleaning the shop, the sound stopped. Radio and amp where on just no sound. And no power to either front door, and key-less entry wasn't working. Back doors have power. I plugged the on-star module back in and still no change. All fuses are fine. it is a Bose system as well. Any ideas.
did you hardwire the radio in or did you usean adapter w/ part #GMOS-04 ??

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New amp works with ipod. Still using factory deck. just used rear outputs from Bose amp to high inputs in new amp. Just like the sticky in this forum. Can also hear Bose amp click when ignition is turned on or off. I did have sound for over a week hooked up this way. Only stopped working once i removed onstar box. Amp will only be hooked up like this for a couple of more weeks, still waiting on parts for carputer. But the sound is the least of my problems, it's the no power in the front doors which is the real problem. The only thing that works in the doors are the mirrors. What doesn't work in the doors are heated seats, memory seats, windows, and power door locks. And also the keyless entry doesn't work, I've never had a problem with the doors before so i find i hard to believe that the door switches have all suddenly gone bad in both front doors. Rear doors are fine.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya i checked all fuses both panels. I've even completely removed the new amp and still nothing. I have a appointment tomorrow at a used to be gm dealer their going to check if its the bcm or the door modules. Great :(

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i took it to a dealer. The teck said there is a short in harness 206, the one that runs under the back seats. He worked on it for a hour and a half clearing the pages of codes for $75. I said I'd fix it. Pulled the back seats and one of those green plugs under the carpet had 2 broken wires. So i repaired them and alls good. Even without the onstar unit. So for $75 bucks and 2 hours of my time fixing that's not too bad.

Thanks all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.