Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

141 - 160 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
211 Posts
is the steering wheel button (person talking) work now with the latest module? I have a 2007 TBSS.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
$279 is way too much

I like the idea but I got to say that at $279 that's already a start to the price range of a Navigation upgrade in the stero system.
:iagree: I have to agree that I initially loved the idea :) but the $279 is a strong dissatisfier. :no:
My $30 Motorola Bluetooth device on my visor performs the same function for $240 less.
Recommend that CoStar drop the price and it could result in a larger sales volume with increased profit in the long run. :duh:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1 Posts
Converting Onstar to Cell Phone hands free

So far I have been able to track down two systems for converting the old analog Onstar system to a cell phone hands free setup in my 2004 TB.
Galaxy 100 (www.galaxy1000.com) $250.00 and Costar Technologies Bluestar (http://www.costartech.com/pb/products/bluestar.html) $279.00

Both seem to do the same thing, has anyone had any personal experience with either units and or company's.

Thanks

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
78 Posts
Hello Rusty & Everyone,

In May 2009 I purchased the kit for my TB and it has been working fine ever since. Visiting the website it appears the newer version of the device now available with USB connect capabilities for all sorts of possibilities. Can this be done down with my older COSTAR device?

Regards, CCI_TBLT

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Beta Tester

I too would love to test this out, as I dont use the onstar, way too much money. I have the Bose oem radio and i believe the digital onstar.:tiphat

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
7 Posts
It's neat and I would beta test it, but $279 is way too much. Especially considering there are a couple of competitors selling what looks to be the same thing for less. Although they are all still to expensive for me.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
2 Posts
Count me in as well. 2003 TNF Edition TB with Bose head unit and analog On-Star. I'd be willing to beta or buy? I've been extremely interested in a bluetooth update.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Just got mine

Just got my unit. Shipping was pretty fast and install was a breeze. Installed bluestar in a 2004 Envoy under rear passenger seat. Plugged it in and it worked like a charm. It actually seems to have helped with voice recognition commands on my Moto Droid Razr. Only downside is that I can't seem to get my music to stream. I have a factory stereo with the ISimple adapter attached to it (LOVE this adapter). I updated the bluestar to latest firmware on website but still no music streaming through to my stereo. I ran the audio cable from the bluestar to the aux plug on the ISimple adapter. Any ideas as to why it's not working?

Great product! :woot: Will be more awesome once I am able to stream music.:woohoo:

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
346 Posts
Just got my unit. Shipping was pretty fast and install was a breeze. Installed bluestar in a 2004 Envoy under rear passenger seat. Plugged it in and it worked like a charm. It actually seems to have helped with voice recognition commands on my Moto Droid Razr. Only downside is that I can't seem to get my music to stream. I have a factory stereo with the ISimple adapter attached to it (LOVE this adapter). I updated the bluestar to latest firmware on website but still no music streaming through to my stereo. I ran the audio cable from the bluestar to the aux plug on the ISimple adapter. Any ideas as to why it's not working?

Great product! :woot: Will be more awesome once I am able to stream music.:woohoo:
I have the same setup as you, BlueSTAR and iSimple. I reviewed both of them. The BlueSTAR isn't updated yet for audio streaming. The next firmware update for it should have it then. Until the you still need to plug your phone into the iSimple.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
Any other cheaper options

Hello,
I wonder if there s any other cheaper choices. Specially abroad .... Am in KSA now. When it comes to commuting, that's at least a 30 minute drive or more. Such a gadget becomes handy in such circumstances .

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
16 Posts
Just saw this tread when I was searching for the possiblity of reassigning my steering wheel radio buttons on my 2002 GMC Envoy SLT. I have the factory 6 CD changer Bose stereo and would like to change the AM/FM and CD buttons to Seek up and down - that would be much more useful - I actully think the factory did this on later years.

Anyway, I'd love to beta test your device if you still need testers! Just let me know. I don't know if it matters but my 2002 Envoy was upgraded to the digital Onstar system, however, I no longer have the service.

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Bluetooth help!

'09 Trailblazer LS...many people tell me I should be able to pair my iPhone but just can't figure this out. I'm pretty good with techy stuff but I'm still unsuccessful. I only have the call button on my mirror and it doesn't allow me to pair bluetooth. Any advice???

From Frustrated

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love your idea Rusty! Any left!

Hi Rusty. I'm coming real late to your thread but need one of your OnStar converters badly. My analog unit has been defunct since the digital change over. And my stereo doesn't have an input jack and I've wondering if the Analog OnStar could be converted to a hands free integrated system for iPhone, iPads, etc., since the OnStar prerecorded messages still blast over the stereo if you push a button. It can't communicate with the OnStar towers since they're digital and I have a non-digital model.

How can we talk about this more?

141 - 160 of 165 Posts