Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
34 Posts
Wheel Button

Hi Rusty,

Any word on the implementation of the "Talking Face " wheel button yet?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
78 Posts
Hello TigerVette,

After a few months of researching and posting, I bought the BlueStar kit for my 2008 TrailBlazer LT, which I believe is similar to your ride. My electronics is that of which came with the factory Sun/Sound upgrade option. The whole process starting from online ordering, to self installation, to daily usage, all went as described and without any flaws. Yes, you have one extrememly satisfied customer here in Canada.

Next challenge is to get my Garmin GPS handheld working without FM modulation. Would like to get it to work in similar manor to that of the CoStar product. Advise from anyone is most welcome.

Regards, CCI_TBLT

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello TigerVette,

Sorry one more comment, my moibile phone is the Palm Treo Pro, its Palm's latest comparable to the BlackBerry. It runs native, all the current MS mobile apps, which for me is a big positive. The BB software can be most disfunctional at times and very slow, not to mention all the nickel and dime costs associated with owning a BB and its services.

Regards, CCI_TBLT

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
72 Posts
I would love this feature! I think its great as I live in Toronto and the just passed the law that we cant use cell phones in the car anymore =-(
But I would also love the steering wheel options. Will it work with my iPhone ?

Thanks

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
33 Posts
Iphone tips for bluestar

Hi there

Anybody got any good tips on using their IPhone with Costar? I got it basically working, but are you guys using voice dial? Can you answer a call without touching the phone?

Any other juicy tidbits and tricks appreciated.

ed

:thx:thx

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
93 Posts
I'm also looking for the "Talk" steering wheel button functionality. With the inclusion of A2DP in iPhone 3.0, it'd be nice to stream music as someone mentioned, but doesn't look like that's possible through the OnStar system. I'm looking to put in an iPhone adapter to my factory Bose as soon as they start supporting the 3.0 OS.

Any idea how it would handle calls being connected to BlueSTAR and iPhone adapter to the stereo? Would it fade out the music like normal and switch to Bluetooth for the call? :undecided

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
93 Posts
You say you added some code for the wheel button for "send/end" but haven't tested it. Do you know how "send/end" commands are handled by the phone? Would that just answer calls and hang up like most single-button headsets? That's really the functionality I'm hoping to get out of it, since my iPhone doesn't support voice dialing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks CCI_TBLT. Sounds like it's working just fine for you. I'll probably order it when the Onstar subscription runs out - just want to be sure there aren't any issues with the controls and the compatiblility with our Moto razor phones. :tiphat

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
70 Posts
You certainly have to get this into production, and get it in stores! I worked as a manager for Circuit City's Roadshop before it all went down the drain, and that kind of product would be awesome to sell, and there would be alot of demand. Any business selling car electronics could sell this because of how common GM and OnStar are. Even parts stores like Advance, Autozone, and Pepboys could handle this! I've never used my OnStar but would probably hook this up...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
Hi, I have the bluestar2010 installed in my 2003 trailblazer and I have to say it works great with my iPhone 4. After initial setup, the module pairs automatically with the iPhone 4, and handsfree calling works great. To voice dial simply press the white on star button, say your command, then your call is heard through your car speakers. To hang up the call, simply press the white on star button again! Simple and Great! No fumbling for the iPhone while driving.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
155 Posts
I like the idea but I got to say that at $279 that's already a start to the price range of a Navigation upgrade in the stero system.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
test on 03' envoy

Don't know if you are still looking to try your product out on an 03' Envoy but I just purchased one. Let me know if you still need it tested.

121 - 140 of 165 Posts