Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my first ? is the onstar antenna used for anything besides onstar.I just bought a 2002 trailblazer and from what I understand i have to upgrade it.Because of that and I can not afford the monthly payment i.m not going activate it.So can i get rid of the antenna? And if i do will it leave a ugly scar on the car

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
284 Posts
Your '02's OnStar antenna is glass-mounted, correct? (my '03's is... so I am making an assumption.)

If you really want to remove the glass-mounted antenna, you should be able to do that easily since it is attached to the window with double-sided tape. Use something like fishing line to slowly cut through the adhesive to remove the antenna. This is the same kind of process that people use to remove badges from the vehicles as well.

If interested in the upgrade, call OnStar and see what they can do for you. If your TB is eligible, they may be able to extend the same upgrade offer that they gave others. It was around $200 and included a year of service.

·
Registered
2004 trailblazer_lt
5,240 Posts
Your '02's OnStar antenna is glass-mounted, correct? (my '03's is... so I am making an assumption.)

If you really want to remove the glass-mounted antenna, you should be able to do that easily since it is attached to the window with double-sided tape. Use something like fishing line to slowly cut through the adhesive to remove the antenna. This is the same kind of process that people use to remove badges from the vehicles as well.

If interested in the upgrade, call OnStar and see what they can do for you. If your TB is eligible, they may be able to extend the same upgrade offer that they gave others. It was around $200 and included a year of service.
I believe the 04's were the last ones that could be upgraded IIRC....

·
Registered
2009 saab 9_7x
26 Posts
Here is a thing with Onstar upgrade.
I own 2 Oldsmobiles Auroras one is 2001 and other is 2002, before they turned off analog signal i received a letter that my car is not eligible for upgrade and i will no longer have a onstar service, as for my 2004 Bravada i had an option to upgrade to digital system. 2 months later after i lost Onstar i receive a letter that they developed an upgrade for both of my Auroras and it was 215$ which 200 was prepay for 1 year subscription and 15$ for upgrade since i had service prior to analog shutoff. I had a same antena that you have on your Trailblazer, and with digital update they changed the Onstar modul and antena which looks almost the same as the old one. If you will want to upgrade your onstar on your Trailblazer you will pay 315$ since you didnt upgrade it within i think 4 months after they came up with upgrades and didnt have active subscription prior that. Upgrade should be there just go to your dealership and ask them about it.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
1,356 Posts
I have OneStar and like it. You could always contact OnStar directly and see if they will negotiate with you as they are hurting like everyone else

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took the onstar ant. off yesterday.I'm going with a garmin gps and cell phone for help

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Reattach On-Star antenna

Does anyone know where I can get the 3M tape or the antenna assemble separately, as GM wants $215.00 for the unit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts