Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I have a question about the onstar antenna. I want to take off the regular radio antenna on my wife's envoy and hook up the radio to run off the onstar antenna. Is this going to be possible? What would be required to make this work? Am I going to have decent reception or by going to this small of an antenna will the radio even pick up. This is for a 05 envoy it has the blade stub antenna on the roof which is why I dont want to pull the onstar antenna, but I think it looks kinda dumb with the two antennas

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
371 Posts
It won't work, it is a different kind of antenna. It picks up different frequencies than the radio antenna.

Some people on this site have taken the antenna mast off and hidden it under the wiper cowl. I will be doing this also when I have the time.

Also, welcome to the site.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thx. I was hoping to clean up the look a little, I may have to put the antenna under to wiper cowl. How is this done just fab up some kind of bracket and put it in. And will that affect the radio reception?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
125 Posts
Ok thx. I was hoping to clean up the look a little, I may have to put the antenna under to wiper cowl. How is this done just fab up some kind of bracket and put it in. And will that affect the radio reception?
Just do a search there is a thread on it but seriously it takes 5 minutes. Just remove the antenna from the base, unscrew the base from the body (2 real small bolts), reattach the antenna, lay it down and start tucking it under the wiper cowl.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thx. I thought that was what he meant, but it just seems to me to be not the best idea with out some kind of way to keep it in place. Maybe not on the envoy, its the wife's so nothing to crazy will happen. Like a 12 guage bouncing out of it's rack like in my truck. or i could just be to hard on cars :bonk:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.