Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days ago we got the snow that the rest of the midwest got. When I left the auto plant in my trusty 03 TB I was confident that the dreaded white death would not slow me down. The road leaving is steeply banked and I was surprised that I was sliding to my right down the banked road even at 2 or 3 miles an hour. I could tell I only had rear wheel drive.(embarassing being passed by Honda Accords!) When I got home and I was on pavement in about 6 inches of snow. I rolled down my window to watch my front wheels. They were not spinning and I could hear a sound that was like having a bike or car inbetween gears kind of like it was trying to engage but something would not let it get in gear. My switch seems to work fine though. I have read other posts with similar issues and I think it is my "encoder motor" but I wanted to be sure. Where should I start? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought it 4 months ago, it has 140k. I replaced the transfer case fluid when I got the vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read the "splined disconnect" posts and looked at the link. Thank you, Bill. I drove the vehicle today and had 4 wheel drive back for a while and then I went to 2hi and when I tried to switch back it did the same thing. When the splined disconnect issue happens is it usually a bearing or fork failure? Or do the just need new grease and tightened up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts