Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but after some searching I can't find any threads that match. I just bought an 04 TB EXT LT 6cyl and it came with 1 key and 1 fob, so I went and bought 2 more keys and they work great. But I also bought another fob and it programmed to the car easily. But then I noticed that the original fob I had didn't work anymore, so I reprogrammed that one and when I did, the new one stopped working. No matter how many times I reprogram each one it's like it erases the other. I don't know why. Please help. I also have access to an Autel scan tool through my work if that can do anything at all to help this. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
857 Posts
IIRC.... you have to recode BOTH of them at the same ignition cycle. I had two to recode and they work just fine, so I know it can be done.

What's happening to you - I bet - is that you do one, then start the whole recode cycle again for the second fob.

That won't work.

Reactions: Jimothy.Schrute

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IIRC.... you have to recode BOTH of them at the same ignition cycle. I had two to recode and they work just fine, so I know it can be done.

What's happening to you - I bet - is that you do one, then start the whole recode cycle again for the second fob.

That won't work.
Yes you are exactly right lol.. I appreciate this. They both work and I feel stupid.
But seriously thank you

·
Registered
857 Posts
No problem - we're all here to learn from each other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts