Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be my thread for my TB as I go through the process of lifting it. I'll be ordering the Liftmiester kit, z71 rear spring/shocks, Bilstein HD's, and wheel adapters soon. I just had to start this as I just picked up my very own set of H3 wheels (I know I'm a copycat).

I think they look sweet on the TB's after seeing them on Chewy1576, GMLee, and 06Blazin's rigs.:tiphat And I couldn't pass up the deal I got. $125 for a set of 5.:D

Now this Saturday is my b-day so I will be using any $$ that I get to put towards the other parts I need. And hopefully my gf has been listening to me about this project and she hook me up with some of it as well. So all that stuff will be coming soon.

The tires on the other hand I will have to shop around some to find a good price. Looking for 265/75/16 MT tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
Good choice of rims..:thumbsup:

i like the idea of useing GM parts on GM products!
Had i known these were the correct offset, i would have
got a set myself..Price was rite too..

Hope your Bday wish comes true!;)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
572 Posts
good for you man! Looks like you have the project up and running.
You'll be so happy when it starts coming together!

what a steal on the rims, good for you!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

yea me too. i love the look of these wheels. and i'll be contacting you within a week or so for the front lift.

Awesome! Craigslist can be your friend for tires, too. But ebay is better.
yea there can be good deals on craigslist...but ebay def has some great deals. i might try a local shop and see if they can give me a deal, but if not i'll prob just get em off ebay.

good for you man! Looks like you have the project up and running.
You'll be so happy when it starts coming together!

what a steal on the rims, good for you!:thumbsup:
yea i can't wait to get it all done. i'll be buying all the pieces then do it all at my buddies dad's garage. and i see that your from MA. you do any offroading in the area?

·
Registered
572 Posts
oh yeah, I didn't even notice where you were from at first.

I wish there was some offroading around here that I knew of. I know a buddy at work goes somewhere around MA but he goes with these huge lifted F-250's so I don't think we would stand a chance with them. I'll have to ask them where they go and if they know of any lighter stuff.

Keep in touch!

Keith

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
183 Posts
:hijacked I know the feeling, I've had my lift for over a month and no time to install it. But starting tomorow.....I'm on vacation for the next 5 days and this is my first priority, followed by front an rear diff's, trans case etc.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh yeah, I didn't even notice where you were from at first.

I wish there was some offroading around here that I knew of. I know a buddy at work goes somewhere around MA but he goes with these huge lifted F-250's so I don't think we would stand a chance with them. I'll have to ask them where they go and if they know of any lighter stuff.

Keep in touch!

Keith
My buddy has a lifted Jeep rubicon w/37's and he goes a lot to (i think) Milford NH. I've been with him and theres like 2 lines (easier and harder) and def the easier stuff I could do once I get the TB all done.

I bet your getting all ancy since you have the wheels. It always sucks to get one thing and cant do anything till you get the rest.
yea a lil ancy, but i thought it would be best to find the wheels 1st as those are what vary so much. searched for a lil while, looking every day to find a good deal.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,031 Posts

The off-set is the same as our wheel and the bolt pattern is 6x5.5. Adapters are need to install these. I though about this some time ago and got beat to it. They really give oue vehicles a really agressive look too.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can any one help me out with some numbers... I was thinking of just Markmc front kit with the z71 rear springs/shocks, but it almost looks as if the front sits higher with this combination.

So I'd like to find out what the measurements are with this. I don't really want to do the rear spacer with the z71 because of how much rake there is. I'd rather have a level look to it. So I'm also wondering what the height is all around with the Liftmiester kit front and back with bilstiens all around as well.

Let me know. Thanks.

·
Banned
7,255 Posts
I think the factory rake isn't bad for lifted, so just do Marks spacers all around. Or perhaps the Z71 springs and 1" spacers for the rear. That's be just about the same overall, just more aspring and less spacer. But def talk to MarkMC. His products are top notch. And he is a pleasure to talk to.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks good. i guess ill just pick up some z71 springs/shocks and get Mark's full kit and go from there and see what i like so then if it's hiher in bck ill just put the spacer in back too.

Roadie: how do you like your pro comp tires?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Roadie: how do you like your pro comp tires?
Ecstatic! Any MT might have worked for the trails I prefer, but I really appreciate the load range E being able to carry the weight of my fully-loaded gear. And the sidewalls have not ONCE had an issue on rocks, and I've had very few tread punctures (I think only 7 - for me that's good. I must be on some sort of sliding scale. ;). At about 25K, they're worn about 80% of the way to being replaced, and I've chunked the tread horribly on some trails where I had more wheel-spinning drama than I should have. But they did the Rubicon, and that was on my bucket list. And they walked up everything I attempted in Moab while aired down.

Review:
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/Pro-Comp-Xtreme-MT.htm

At $210-220 a tire, this set of five was the most tire-expensive 25K miles I've ever driven. But entirely worth it, and my next (bigger) set is going to be the same type. No question.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
343 Posts
+1 to the H3 Mafia!!! :woohoo:

I vaguely remember measuring distance from the top of the wheel well to the top of the tire after the lift and the front gap was slightly more than the rear, maybe 1/4" to 1/2". I picked up Mark's 1.5" rear spacers to go with the Z71 springs, but I haven't had a chance to put them in yet.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
+1 to the H3 Mafia!!! :woohoo:

I vaguely remember measuring distance from the top of the wheel well to the top of the tire after the lift and the front gap was slightly more than the rear, maybe 1/4" to 1/2". I picked up Mark's 1.5" rear spacers to go with the Z71 springs, but I haven't had a chance to put them in yet.
im happy i was patient to look for the wheels and didn't have to pay for shipping. and yea maybe ill go for 1" spacers or the 1.5" for the rear... i think that'll be the way i'll go and not worry about having to get them later on.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I see sets of H3 wheels locally all the time for $100-150. I would like to get a set of center caps that are all silver (no black bar), but they are pricey themselves.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
damn really? i've been looking around and nothing. i had to drive a little ways to get these but still worth it. i have the all silver center caps and i don't even know if i'm goin to use em at all.:undecided

i'm very happy tho it was a set of 5 so i can have a full size spare as well.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I need to find another wheel for a spare. I was on a set of 4 for $100 but the guy sold them before I could go pick them up. So i'm waiting on another set so GMLee and I can get full spares. Then i'm going to have to get the tire plus a hitch-mount carrier. Oh well! :yes:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.