Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
painted the spokes of the steering wheel!,,,HUGE PAIN IN THE AZZ BUT WORTH IT I THINK!....

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How's the shifter looking?!:x:hahano:
the shifter is done too,,it was that rubbery textured material so when i tried to prime it,,the primer never fully dried,,,2days later it was still sticky:bonk::bonk:,,so i covered it in body filler{same as steering wheel and passenger side airbag....yes thats done now too}, let it harden THEN primed and painted.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know. I was hesitant to do that to any of my interior. Thanks for being a lab rat:D
yep any of that hard rubbery stuff will not let primer dry directly on it,,at least it didnt for me,,i even sanded it smooth first and the primer was still sticky 2 days later........cover it with body filler first and your all good!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
yep any of that hard rubbery stuff will not let primer dry directly on it,,at least it didnt for me,,i even sanded it smooth first and the primer was still sticky 2 days later........cover it with body filler first and your all good!:thumbsup:
I hope you used Evercoat.. and not just generic bondo

OH and it looks good..

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just went and read what it exactly is,,its USC PRO 7 body putty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.