Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Omar

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  odiaz20 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi

I have an 04 EXT trailblazer w/5.3 V8. I am having issues with the leaking coolant right under the resivor tank that spills under to the passenger side wheelwell. I recently replaced the radiator because it was according to my mechanic it was "blunging" and it was leaking. It was running good for a few weeks and then the leaking started. The coolant from the resivor was bieng comsumed and I had to add more until one day the temp went to around 300+. I checked the radiator and the coolant was dangerously low. I noticed a puddle of coolant under the passenger side right behind the tire. At first a thought is was condensation from the AC, but it was hot and orange (dexcool). I have added pics. Anyone with th same problem let me know and how to I fix it?

In advance thank you for your assistance....

also the temp here in Phx has been at 115+ when this started.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Did you replace the radiator cap when you put the new radiator in?

Have it tested....it might not be holding the correct pressure and allowing the radiator to blow the coolant out through the reserve tank and onto the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.