Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I red though the old posts on bleeding brakes but they did not help. I am looking for input please. My daughter showed up with a missing brake disk??? All the other disks had life?? Not sure what happened, I replace front rotors, pads, and calipers, replaced back pads and rotors, replaced master cylinder, bled like 5 or 6 times, did the circulation thing on the master cylinder, did the stop thing with loose traction to push fluid through the ABS module, bleed the module (4 lines out) still spongy, too spongy for my daughter to drive, I pumped many times to push a leak, nothing is leaking, fluid does not go low (haven't really driven more than around the block (no breaks). I am open to input. Please advise. It is an 09 4.2 2wd. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
541 Posts
My daughter showed up with a missing brake disk???
Why the question marks? Are you not sure that it's missing?

I replace front rotors, pads, and calipers, replaced back pads and rotors, replaced master cylinder, bled like 5 or 6 times,
Bled WHAT "5 or 6 times"? Did you bench-bleed the master cylinder? That in itself is more work than most folks expect. Did you bleed at the calipers? Are the calipers installed with the bleeder screws "up" at the highest point? Are the rear calipers working properly?

did the circulation thing on the master cylinder,
I have NO idea what the "circulation thing" is.

did the stop thing with loose traction to push fluid through the ABS module, bleed the module (4 lines out) still spongy, too spongy for my daughter to drive,
You will need a scan tool to properly bleed the ABS unit. When the ABS is bled, you'll have to bleed the calipers again. The Trailblazer ABS is different, but similar to the units used on the GMT400 pickups. GM suggested that you'd need a gallon of fluid. This .pdf is for the older trucks, with 3-channel ABS. I don't have a procedure for the 4-channel unit like the GMT360--370 uses. The second page of this .pdf is the most like the Trailblazer system.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,395 Posts
Huh??

What?? does?? this?? mean?? "My daughter showed up with a missing brake disk??? All the other disks had life?? "

How?? in?? hell?? does?? one?? lose?? a?? disk??

Reactions: chem_man
1 - 3 of 3 Posts