Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking that my Air Pump might have water in it.

My question is where do I locate the air pump?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I can't answer your question but maybe the answer is in one of the posts here;
search results for P0410
:)

I think you need 10 posts before you can use the search feature. Kind of odd as that new people here would need it the most.:undecided

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
If you're talking about the air suspension pump, it is above the right rear wheel.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
The AIR pump is under the vehicle, on the inside of the frame rail near the driver's area. If you search around a bit, there's a few threads on trouble shooting.

I had the same code over the summer, and it ended up being the check valve, mounted on the passenger side of the engine block. Easy fix, the part is about $70 if i recall correctly.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
36 Posts
Went to pep boys for this same issue today they recommend that I change both o2 sensors as well as the air injector motor. Their markup is reduculous :cry:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The AIR pump is under the vehicle, on the inside of the frame rail near the driver's area. If you search around a bit, there's a few threads on trouble shooting.

I had the same code over the summer, and it ended up being the check valve, mounted on the passenger side of the engine block. Easy fix, the part is about $70 if i recall correctly.
Thanks.

Where did you buy the part at?

·
Registered
37 Posts
the air pump is under the truck on the driver side by the floor board. pull the hoses off the pump and see if you have any water coming out. with the hoses off if your truck has been sitting for a while around 8 hours start it up and if your air pump is working it will sound like a vacuum cleaner. then it is going to be your check valve that is bad. that is located on the passenger side of the engine blockaround the 4th or 5th exhaust manifold, just above it. it has a hose off the back, electrical connection on the top and two bolts connecting it the block. i just fixed my check valve. i found the parts at www.autopartsgiant.com for around $88.80 shipping included.(check valve and gasket) Good Luck hope this helps:coffee

1 - 10 of 10 Posts