Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the forums on a few sites for a few days trying to find a clue as to what's happening with my TBSS. I promise I'm not the guy that just posts because he's too lazy to look. (I bet after this someone will find the thread I was looking for and call me out, haha) Alright, here's the problem. I have a 2006 Trailblazer SS AWD. 2 days ago I was leaving for work and it wouldn't start. Not a click not a noise of any kind. The gauges would all drop down, and the stereo would shut off like it should. I immediately thought it was the battery. I shrugged it off and took the wife's van to work. When I came home, I tried to jump it, but got the same result. So I started to work the list. While I turned the key I held the ignition relay, and I didn't feel it click, so I replaced that. Didn't work. Then I replaced the ignition switch. Didn't work. So I bit the bullet, paid the $200 for a starter, and spent the 5 hours it takes on the SS to change it. I was convinced this would work. Didn't work! Argh! By this point the truck has fought me every step of the way. Here's one more oddity that I think might be useful. When the ignition is engaged, the gear selector light doesn't show what gear it's in. It used to. I can shift the truck, it rolls in neutral, and I can remove the key, but the steering wheel doesn't lock anymore either. I'm curious if the sensor that tells the truck it's in park is broken, and the truck thinks it's in drive. I called a few dealerships, and they said they have never heard of that happening before. Please HELP!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
did you try the starter relay? It's not in your description. Has nothing to do with the shifter light but still. Also, I don't think the steering wheel locked in any year of our trucks because my 02 TB doesnt and my dads 05 TB doesn't.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts