Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should you replace your tranny fuild with the dex vi only or could/would you switch to royal purple syn fuild?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
should you replace your tranny fuild with the dex vi only or could/would you switch to royal purple syn fuild?
First off, HORRIBLE thread title. Second I am running all royal purple fluids. I fell in love with their products several years ago and won't switch to anything else!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
First off, HORRIBLE thread title. Second I am running all royal purple fluids. I fell in love with their products several years ago and won't switch to anything else!
RP been a thought of mine...RP nd amsoil are my choices...wat made yu fall in love with the purp?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
RP been a thought of mine...RP nd amsoil are my choices...wat made yu fall in love with the purp?
Check out their website for one and look at what it takes just for them to accept a shipment of oil into the factory and then what all happens for them to produce their product. They dont mass produce like most of the petroleum company's do. Everything they make is made in small batches and all the batches have to pas a very scrutinous quality assurance before it leaces the factory. Plus the heat loss from the product. My tranny temp dropped 12 degrees in my TB when I swapped it out for RP. My engine temp dropped 6. Both mean less wear and tear on your engine and all its parts. Plus synthetic fluids lubricate better and slow the breakdown of rubber by up to 10 times compared to conventional oils. So far I have RP oil, tranny fluid, power steering fluid. I plan on going to both front and rear diff fluid as soon as I get around to changing both of my rear axle seals. No point in upgrading till I do this. They also make a product for lubrication kinda like WD-40 only 100 times better. Spray a little on locked up bolts wait about 10 minutes and they will come off with hand tools, no air ratchet or impact needed. Plus it prevents rust buildup and in some cases it prevents it from ever forming in the first place. Neat off road trick it to scrub out your wheel wells and then cover your tires with towels and spray down your wheel wells. When you get back from the trails, all you have to do is hose them out, NO SCRUBBING for hours on end to get all the mud out!

I forgot to add, DON'T use their coolant additive! It reacts with the Dextron from what I have heard. It is only meant for conventional coolant.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
Check out their website for one and look at what it takes just for them to accept a shipment of oil into the factory and then what all happens for them to produce their product. They dont mass produce like most of the petroleum company's do. Everything they make is made in small batches and all the batches have to pas a very scrutinous quality assurance before it leaces the factory. Plus the heat loss from the product. My tranny temp dropped 12 degrees in my TB when I swapped it out for RP. My engine temp dropped 6. Both mean less wear and tear on your engine and all its parts. Plus synthetic fluids lubricate better and slow the breakdown of rubber by up to 10 times compared to conventional oils. So far I have RP oil, tranny fluid, power steering fluid. I plan on going to both front and rear diff fluid as soon as I get around to changing both of my rear axle seals. No point in upgrading till I do this. They also make a product for lubrication kinda like WD-40 only 100 times better. Spray a little on locked up bolts wait about 10 minutes and they will come off with hand tools, no air ratchet or impact needed. Plus it prevents rust buildup and in some cases it prevents it from ever forming in the first place. Neat off road trick it to scrub out your wheel wells and then cover your tires with towels and spray down your wheel wells. When you get back from the trails, all you have to do is hose them out, NO SCRUBBING for hours on end to get all the mud out!

I forgot to add, DON'T use their coolant additive! It reacts with the Dextron from what I have heard. It is only meant for conventional coolant.
so now how much does royal pay yu :dielaugh:

nahh bro yu winn haha yu kno yur stuff with them :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts