Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone done this tire size on stock wheels before? i did a search and didn't turn up anything for 16s. Question is will it fit? I want a wider tire and this is a pretty wide one that will work if it fits... and there would be no need in having the speedo recalibrated it would maintain the same revs/mile and is the same diam. as the stock 245/70r16. anyone know if it might would just possibly fit?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
You can decide this for yourself by taking a ruler under there. If the diameter is the same, then you're just looking to see if you have clearance to the upper ball joint in the horizontal direction. Using the OEM wheels means you won't have to compensate for offset/backspacing changes.

So all you have left is tread width. You're proposing 40mm increase, and that's 20mm to the inside and 20mm to the outside, so the tire is just going to grow 20mm (or just over 3/4") horizontally towards the upper ball joint.

Just go look to see if you have that much room.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
48 Posts
anyone done this tire size on stock wheels before? i did a search and didn't turn up anything for 16s. Question is will it fit? I want a wider tire and this is a pretty wide one that will work if it fits... and there would be no need in having the speedo recalibrated it would maintain the same revs/mile and is the same diam. as the stock 245/70r16. anyone know if it might would just possibly fit?
putting a 285 on a 7in rim is retarded. go to tires.com and put in your model and year and it will tell you exactly what fits

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.