Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to say HI to everyone, just got a 03 envoy SLE. I installed an aftermarket head unit into my 97 Sierra with no problems...

Now I want to use the same Deck/Amp that I had in that. Well needless to say this is my first time dealing with the Onstar and chime stuff.

So my question is: On a budget, is there a harness that does not activate the Onstar or does this need to be part of this??

Simply put I just want the deck to work and I guess the chime(if that the part for open doors and lights left on?). I don't use the onstar and really don't want it.

Thanks folks...

PS its the NON-BOSE stock deck if that helps...

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I read that...but could not get any answers from the "search this thread" for the other questions such as getting away with not using the onstar. After looking through suppliers, i'm not even sure if its a class 2 deck or not...the one line product info is useless.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9904_Scosche+GM09SR+-+GM09SRB.html

is what Scosche's website give as an aftermarket harness...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
425 Posts
could use a METRA 70-2003 but chimes wont work and onstar wont work( $6)( i used this for my 03 TB)

or a Metra VT-GMRC-01 this would keep the chimes, onstar wont work($75)

For the dash kit use the metra 99-2003($8) and you will need the metra 40-gm10 ($5) antenna adapter.

try twistergroup.com for these good prices

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
could use a METRA 70-2003 but chimes wont work and onstar wont work( $6)( i used this for my 03 TB)

or a Metra VT-GMRC-01 this would keep the chimes, onstar wont work($75)

For the dash kit use the metra 99-2003($8) and you will need the metra 40-gm10 ($5) antenna adapter.

i get my stuff from www.thetwistergroup.com (also where i found the prices)
hope this helps
Thanks bikiniguy, So it won't do anything to just not use the onstar... I like the prices of the non-onstar harnesses much better.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
425 Posts
Thanks bikiniguy, So it won't do anything to just not use the onstar... I like the prices of the non-onstar harnesses much better.
yeah the metra gmos-01 will keep onstar working but it like $100+ so if dont plan on using it dont worry about it. glad to be a help:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts