Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Envoy SLT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

This just started last week, my 2002 envoy, would spray oil and for the life of me, I can’t find where it’s coming from. Backstory; changed valve cover gasket, intake gasket, plugs, and fan clutch. Today, it threw a CEL with code P0117 (coolant temperature circuit). Are these two related? Any input is much appreciated.

PS I changed the oil at Good Year, could they have messed something up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
364 Posts
I would check the oil pressure sending unit which is located right above the oil filter. They are known to leak. Also, check the camshaft variable valve timing solenoid.

I doubt the CEL for the coolant temperature circuit is related.

·
Registered
2002 Envoy SLT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would check the oil pressure sending unit which is located right above the oil filter. They are known to leak. Also, check the camshaft variable valve timing solenoid.

I doubt the CEL for the coolant temperature circuit is related.
Thanks for your help, but if the sending unit is leaking, would it spray oil upwards? Because the oil spray is in the power steering reservoir, a couple of hoses and the rest is all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
364 Posts
Yes, it could spray upward under pressure. Also, the camshaft VVT solenoid is located between the power steering pump and the cylinder head, and if it's leaking, it also could be causing what you describe. Remove the connector to the VVT and see if there is oil in it. If there is, then bingo, an oil leak has been found.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts