Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I got a 2002 EXT 4.2L I6 and its been smooth sailing for about 5+ years its only got 124,000 miles...I know this has been just about beat to death...I have been through changing the oil pressure switch a year ago...all has been fine until just about the same time this year, I got the DIC telling me to stop engine and idiot guage flipping out...the switch was under warrenty so I have a new one installed...doing same thing but only after about an hour...so I Fabed up an adapter to take the place of the Switch and installed a mechanical guage, with copper tubing, in the dash, like I saw on this Site...and I am loosing oil pressure!!!!

So my question is this...why would a mechanical oil pump work for an hour then stop?

If I go out right now it will pump and I will get pressure on the Mechanical Guage...for about an hour...WTF...the pump is mechanical right? if the engine is running it's pumping right?

Apparently there is no replacment avaliable only a repair kit?
Anyone done this repair kit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just had the oil changed,Valvoline 5w30 ac delco filter two days ago.
affermative on 7 Qts of oil and tripple checked the dip stick.

thinking about putting in some seafoam or Kerosene to clean out the possiable gunk.
then changing oil and filter again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, the oil was changed 1000 miles early because of the oil problem, and yes the filter was changed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts