Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have an 03 4.2 trailblazer. I was going down the road tonight and all of a sudden I lost power and the low oil pressure warning came on. I pulled over and tried to start it and it would crank but then go right back dead. I checked the oil and its full. When it would crank it would go up to about 30 pounds and then the truck was missing and running terrible and would die. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
The "Low Oil Pressure" message will always appear in the DIC when the car stalls, no matter what the reason is. I cut off the fuel pump by pulling the relay so i can change my fuel filter and got the same message. Same message appeared i ran a vacuum leak test and the car stalled.

How many miles do you have on your truck? Did you get an SES light? When was the last oil change and what type of oil did you use? was anything added to the oil recently (additives, stablizers, etc)?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it turned out it was out of gas I guess. I wasnt even to the red line or low fuel message hadnt even come on yet. I put some gas in and it took off and ran good. It really threw me off since I wasnt on the low fuel light yet. Glad it was something easy but this truck has so many problems I am ready to dump it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts