Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
152 Posts
How often does this light come on? I generally let my oil go for 6k, this change went to almost 8k (I was busy, finally had time last night) and it came on for the first time last week. After the change it's still coming on every time I start the TB. I'll try the reset with the brake pedal when I leave work, but how long before it comes on again?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
How often does this light come on? I generally let my oil go for 6k, this change went to almost 8k (I was busy, finally had time last night) and it came on for the first time last week. After the change it's still coming on every time I start the TB. I'll try the reset with the brake pedal when I leave work, but how long before it comes on again?
Not the brake pedal, the gas pedal. As was mentioned above, turn the key to on (but do NOT start the engine) then pump the gas pedal 3 times fairly quickly. I think the manual states within 5 seconds.

Yes, just found it. It states:

"Fully press and release the accelerator pedal slowly three times within 5 seconds. "

I believe the light will flash a few times if you did it correctly.

But yes, as the previous poster stated - since you have the LT you probably have the DIC and steering wheel controls. You can reset it there

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
152 Posts
Not the brake pedal, the gas pedal. As was mentioned above, turn the key to on (but do NOT start the engine) then pump the gas pedal 3 times fairly quickly. I think the manual states within 5 seconds.

Yes, just found it. It states:

"Fully press and release the accelerator pedal slowly three times within 5 seconds. "

I believe the light will flash a few times if you did it correctly.

But yes, as the previous poster stated - since you have the LT you probably have the DIC and steering wheel controls. You can reset it there
Guess I misread that! Thanks for correcting me. It is an LT, but I believe it was a Hertz fleet vehicle (for a very short time, previous owners had service records from 8k-42k when I bought it) so no DIC. Guess they figured the renters would screw it up somehow and removed that package. :sadcry:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
why does it take me forever to figure this out....?

I managed it in my colorado, but it won't seem to work in the TB....
on some TB-- like mine.. I have never seen the light flash after its been reset.
I also used to have to try the method many many times before it reset....

this is what I found works...
turn the key and press the gas pedal 3 times within 5 seconds... leave the key in the position for 30sec to 1 minute. then turn key off and back on-- the light should be gone..

In the past I think I was turning the key off before it reset....

others will see the light flash.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
yeah. just reset it..
the light on the inline 6's can come on anywhere in the 4000 (severe duty) to 12,000 mile range.
mine comes on anywhere in the 10 to 11,500 miles range. there was 1 guy here who went I think 14,000 miles before it came on. (he also had oil analyzed- came back good)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.