Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
41 - 60 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I'm going business law with a specialization in tax. FSU has a better accounting masters. and the law schools are basically the same.

and man, FSU OWNS UCF :D
I've never once heard that FSU had a better accounting school. UF's business grad school is one of the best in the country out of all public and private universities. At least that's what I've heard from Princeton Review and similar reviews. UF's law school is very hard to get into. Ah well. You'll get a good education at either institution. Good luck.

I was accounting for my first 3 semesters, didn't like the introductory accounting class so I went to finance and love it.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
259 Posts
It's all the breakdown of what kind of business. In general, UF probably has a "better" one because they offer more.
Plus, I have a big legacy at FSU :) and the scholarship plays a large role. the two schools are neck and neck in both business and law, so I have to go with what I can afford...

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
It's all the breakdown of what kind of business. In general, UF probably has a "better" one because they offer more.
Plus, I have a big legacy at FSU :) and the scholarship plays a large role. the two schools are neck and neck in both business and law, so I have to go with what I can afford...
I definitely understand that. I have some friends up there that have a lot of fun. It really doesn't matter what college you go to if you go to a big one.

Aside from this big state-wide meet, I wouldn't mind arranging a North Florida meet, too if there were willing members in the Tally/ Gville/ Jacksonville area.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
259 Posts
Aside from this big state-wide meet, I wouldn't mind arranging a North Florida meet, too if there were willing members in the Tally/ Gville/ Jacksonville area.
I agree. I'm stoked as it is for this one haha. already started modding my car....again :) we are definitely going to have to make sure that there will be some night so we can light it up :woohoo:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an idea.
It's worked well on other sites with other meets.

Once we get about a month out, we should compile a list of who will make this meet for sure.

Of course a meet with 20-30 vehicles would be alot more fun than one with 5-10.

Again, I plan to be there no matter what but I've found that most people are unreliable and only 1/3 of the people who say they will make it actually show up. But for some reason, when an attendance list is introduced, attendance increases. I guess it's a sense of commitment.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
I have an idea.
It's worked well on other sites with other meets.

Once we get about a month out, we should compile a list of who will make this meet for sure.

Of course a meet with 20-30 vehicles would be alot more fun than one with 5-10.

Again, I plan to be there no matter what but I've found that most people are unreliable and only 1/3 of the people who say they will make it actually show up. But for some reason, when an attendance list is introduced, attendance increases. I guess it's a sense of commitment.
yeah from what i have seen organizing different meets you are doing good if you get 1/2 the names to actually show up :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Date Announcement

I haven't finished sorting the information yet, however I'd like to announce that the official date for the meet will be July 18, 2009.

In the coming months, I will be looking into various locations. By the end of May, we should have a decision with 1-2 alternative (contingency) locations.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
330 Posts
btw, i saw a thread about a poll for the chapter stickers. how about for us southeastern guys and gals? :undecided

i think those stickers looks good :yes:
:iagree: That sounds like a awesome idea, I would slap one on the back of my tb! If anyone knows how to make one, or maybe we could get that decal dude to make us some, I don't remember his user name but I've seen him in some posts.

Anywho back on topic, I would love to go to florida for a meet, Hopefully it won't be too far down like Miami. Orlando/Gainesville would be cool. Somewhere near a beach would be even better!
:)

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
:iagree: That sounds like a awesome idea, I would slap one on the back of my tb! If anyone knows how to make one, or maybe we could get that decal dude to make us some, I don't remember his user name but I've seen him in some posts.

Anywho back on topic, I would love to go to florida for a meet, Hopefully it won't be too far down like Miami. Orlando/Gainesville would be cool. Somewhere near a beach would be even better!
:)
we are looking at Tampa as the best area currently; hope you can make it and we can look at meeting up again to convoy down to Fl :yes:; see you at the ATL meet Nick:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
181 Posts
I would like to go to the FL meet too. July 18 seems to be good for me as of now. Tampa sounds cool...never been there. I didn't read through the whole thread...has someone suggested Daytona? Of course, I like Jacksonville, not just because I live here, but its a long way for people to come from Pensacola/Destin area to Tampa.

Jacksonville is ~5 1/2 hours from Pensacola as well as Miami, so it's pretty centrally located for all Floridians (we live in a pretty da*m big state :) )

Of course, if the majority want it in Tampa, I'm down.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I would like to go to the FL meet too. July 18 seems to be good for me as of now. Tampa sounds cool...never been there. I didn't read through the whole thread...has someone suggested Daytona? Of course, I like Jacksonville, not just because I live here, but its a long way for people to come from Pensacola/Destin area to Tampa.

Jacksonville is ~5 1/2 hours from Pensacola as well as Miami, so it's pretty centrally located for all Floridians (we live in a pretty da*m big state :) )

Of course, if the majority want it in Tampa, I'm down.
Hey, glad to hear from ya. The good thing is there are few members from the panhandle, as most of us are from the body of the state (Mostly south and central and some from the North). Tampa is a nice site because it is right off of 275, 75, and I4 (for those on the east coast of FL).

The group who have confirmed their intent to attend have voted most equally between Tampa and Orlando. At this point, I will direct my efforts to planning the meet in Tampa unless there is some sort of outrage about it, which I doubt. I have pre-selected a few parks in Tampa based on their proximity to the highway junctions (for ease of those who are traveling or are unfamiliar with the area, as I'm sure will be most of us). I will be investigating these sites, personally, in the next 2-3 months.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
259 Posts
looking forward to the meet! I have a dent in my front bumper that I gotta get fixed before the meet, but I've been spending my money on wakeskates, so that doesn't look like it will happen REAL soon haha

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
looking forward to the meet! I have a dent in my front bumper that I gotta get fixed before the meet, but I've been spending my money on wakeskates, so that doesn't look like it will happen REAL soon haha
wakeskates are fun; a lot more challenging then wakeboarding; i have a cheap wakeskate; i wanted a wakesurf; but you basically need a wakeboard boat with a ballist system to pruduce a wake big enough for a wakesurf

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
259 Posts
wakeskates are fun; a lot more challenging then wakeboarding; i have a cheap wakeskate; i wanted a wakesurf; but you basically need a wakeboard boat with a ballist system to pruduce a wake big enough for a wakesurf
Haha yeah, wakesurfing is hard unless you got lots of money. Which, quite frankly, I do not have lol. Wakeskating, all you need is something to pull you lol, winch, boat, jetski...

41 - 60 of 315 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.