Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals, the time has come to see us members from the Sunshine State organize a statewide meet for 2009!

I also feel like there are a few more active members from Florida this year, and with the execution of the chapter feature on TrailVoy, organizing ourselves may be a little easier. I'm sure a lot of us would love to see a great turnout, so let's spend the next few months planning this out.

What: We'll plan on having a meet and greet, photoshoot, modtalk, etc. But depending on where, we could just meet at a park and do an all-day potluck/BBQ type thing, or just lunch/dinner somewhere.
If anyone lives on a large property and wouldn't mind having us and are located near the following areas, that would be great, too. We don't necessarily have to meet at a park, but even a large parking lot would work, as well.

When:
Kevin suggested that our meet be schedule for late summer due to other meets in the Chapter. He suggested August, but I feel that many of us may be starting school shortly after the beginning of August.

• Saturday, July 18
  • Saturday, July 25
Where: Last year, we determined Orlando would be an ideal location for most members but didn't come up with a definite location. I still think the Orlando area is great due to its proximity to I-95 which is accessible to most of the Florida members.

However, while I don't want to leave out our SoFla brethren, I feel that we might benefit from a more northern location since I could personally check the locations/venues.
These possible areas:

• Orlando - Accessible via I95/I4
  • Tampa - Accessible via I75/I4 from I95
  • St. Augustine/Jax Beach - Accessible via I95/I10
  • Gainesville - Accessible via I75/FL Turnpike
I will be pooling all of the names of members who reply to this thread and organizing them based on location for later contact purposes. Please reply with what dates and what locations work for you.
Personally, I know the Gainesville area better than the other areas and would have plenty of time to scout locations/venues myself. Tampa would be my second choice. Either way, we would need assistance from members in those other areas to scout an exact location.

Please respond in the following format:

Name: Alex

Your Location: (If it's not filled in your profile)

Date: July 18

Where: Gainesville/Tampa (Your top 2 picks)

Suggestions:
Feel free to make suggestions, this is just something to start with. I think our date should be a weekend between July 15 and July 31, since Carlisle is at the beginning of August.
Let's get this going, guys!

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
Guys alex is working really hard to try to get something for everyone; with flordia the size it is and and having active members all over the site the areas that alex suggested sound like good ideas; July 18 works best for me; I hope to meet a lot of Fl members this year

Name: Kevin

Your Location: (If it's not filled in your profile)

Where: Tampa/Orlando (Your top 2 picks)

Suggestions:
The all day potluck/BBQ sounds great to me; since i will be comming down from ATL i will probably drive down friday; a sat. meet and drive back up sunday so it woudl be fun somewhere near a beach; or at least not to long of a drive from a beach. Should be fun:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,140 Posts
Name: Rino

Date: July 18 but 25 sounds good too

Where: 1. Orlando
2. Tampa

(i hope it will be a little south to help us members from way south florida. last time i went to gainesville on my cousins graduation at UF, it took me 8-9 hours and almost 2 tanks of gas) :sadcry:

Suggestions:

im for the all day potluck/BBQ :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
421 Posts
Right now I can't commit to anything because of us trying to adopt. It may be tomorrow or it could be the weekend we hold the meet.

What ever is decided I will try and make it.

Mark.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,077 Posts
Name: Glenn

Date: July 25 but both dates work so far.

Where: 1. Gainesville
2. Tampa (probably better location to be fair for those in So. Florida)

Suggestions:

The Potluck sounds good to me.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far so good.

Hope to see things work out for you, Mark.

Kevin and I want to seal a date by the end of February, so we need to get this thread around to all of the Florida members. The more who read and reply to this, the more we have to go on. If you've already replied, would you mind pasting a link to this thread into your signature?

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?p=667642

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
437 Posts
Hey guys,

I just moved down to Naples all the way from MN.

I am definately up for something like this, just have to see what work looks like etc..

My vote goes for Tampa also, being that is much less of a drive for me than Orlando would be :yes:

So,

Name: Nick

Date: Doesn't matter

Where: Tampa

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
259 Posts
Name: Brett

Your Location: Jupiter now, but Tallahassee at the time of the meet

Date: July 18 or 25, doesn't matter

Where: Gainesville/Orlando

Suggestions: a potluck BBQ sounds good to me as well

·
Registered
46 Posts
Name: Gus
Date:Either date is fine with me
Where:Orlando
Suggestions: The bbq sounds awesome.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
100 Posts
(i hope it will be a little south to help us members from way south florida. last time i went to gainesville on my cousins graduation at UF, it took me 8-9 hours and almost 2 tanks of gas) :sadcry:
Wow bro what were you doing 140mph??? I can get to Orlando from Ft Lauderdale within half a tank of gas..

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
100 Posts
Name: Bee
Date: Not sure on the dates right now, plan on closing on a house in July-Aug ..
Where:Orlando
Suggestions: Bbq is nice but its hot as balls in July.. Better make it as close as possible to the beach or indoors...But hey I can't commit right now so it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,140 Posts
Wow bro what were you doing 140mph??? I can get to Orlando from Ft Lauderdale within half a tank of gas..
wow i envy you man.:sadcry:

there are 5 of us and a lot of baggage too.average speed is about 80 mph. my TB is almost brand new when that happened. maybe it has something to do with it. :undecided

btw, do you still go to towers on friday nights? i usually work on friday nights but ill let you know if im off maybe we can have a mini meet. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
99 Posts
Name: Royce
Date: Either date should be fine
Where:Orlando or Tampa
Suggestions: BBQ in a park sounds good. A large parking lot would be like an oven in July with the sun reflecting off the asphalt. :eek:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Despite how much planning I thought I did, I hadn't considered how scorching the sun could really be that day.

Since a potluck/BBQ seems to be the consensus choice of activity, I will definitely make an effort to find a park with a pavilion/ maybe a source of power (for a big fan or something) and will definitely make sure we all have plenty of hydration.

This seems to be coming together well so far, glad to see some familiar faces signing on.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
Despite how much planning I thought I did, I hadn't considered how scorching the sun could really be that day.

Since a potluck/BBQ seems to be the consensus choice of activity, I will definitely make an effort to find a park with a pavilion/ maybe a source of power (for a big fan or something) and will definitely make sure we all have plenty of hydration.

This seems to be coming together well so far, glad to see some familiar faces signing on.
haha yeah the sun can be brutal even up here; but yeah a covered pavilion is a must (of corse even covered during the middle of the day it could be an oven under a pavilion) it would be nice if we could find some place near water:yes: another reason I like tampa for the location; close to the ocean:woot:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
13 Posts
Name: Buddy

Your Location: Jacksonville, FL

Where: Gainesville/Orlando

Suggestions:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Florida meet

I haven't been logging on as much the past couple months due to the fact that I have 2 jobs so it's a lil hard for me to find some time between jobs. Glad to see that alex is trying his best for this meet to happen. I'm down

Name: Freddy
Date: it's not a problem as of now
Suggestions: barbecue sounds good but something or somewhere that has shade or water

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
259 Posts
just my :m2: but since it seems that Orlando seems to be the general consensus, how about trying to find a big parking lot on the edge of a lake? lots of trees for shade so we can still check out the rides, and some have pavilions where we can BBQ.

1 - 20 of 315 Posts