Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
84 Posts
That wouldnt be a bad idea if it was done right. I use to be a Dakota guy and belong to a dakotafourm and every one with an R/T dakota was modded and dropped. But there was one guy that put a custom 2wd baja style lift on his R/T, with baja style front fenders and such. Looked pretty sweet.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I think a 2wd SS would make a great (although very unusual) starting point for a crazy off-road machine:

- Lingenfelter supercharger
- Monster transmission
- Atlas 4 speed transfer case
- Front straight axle swap
- Has 9.5 inch rear end
- 6 to 8 inch custom lift with Fabtech DirtLogic shocks
- At least 38 inch tires

AG

Now if only I had $100K lying around ...

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
290 Posts
I think a 2wd SS would make a great (although very unusual) starting point for a crazy off-road machine:

- Lingenfelter supercharger
- Monster transmission
- Atlas 4 speed transfer case
- Front straight axle swap
- Has 9.5 inch rear end
- 6 to 8 inch custom lift with Fabtech DirtLogic shocks
- At least 38 inch tires

AG

Now if only I had $100K lying around ...
:iagree: Only if...:undecided

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Well I have to admit I got all over a member for asking this question a year or so ago, but now that I have my SS and its my DD and I spent a winter driving my lowered 02 where it actually snows, I have a different POV. My plan is to get some kbee coilovers (and djm a-arms, the works) and adjust them higher for winter driving and raise the bags in the rear a little bit. But who knows, thats about a $1000 project in itself, for probably 4k I could just buy my 02 TB from my parents and buy some markmc spacers to get the lift for $120. (Yes Ive been thinking about this, just need $$$ which I dont have)

Time will tell, but if you lift your SS put some different rims on it. Otherwise I might cry.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Well I have to admit I got all over a member for asking this question a year or so ago, but now that I have my SS and its my DD and I spent a winter driving my lowered 02 where it actually snows, I have a different POV. My plan is to get some kbee coilovers (and djm a-arms, the works) and adjust them higher for winter driving and raise the bags in the rear a little bit. But who knows, thats about a $1000 project in itself, for probably 4k I could just buy my 02 TB from my parents and buy some markmc spacers to get the lift for $120. (Yes Ive been thinking about this, just need $$$ which I dont have)

Time will tell, but if you lift your SS put some different rims on it. Otherwise I might cry.
I'm not real familiar with the SS suspension, but would Mark's kit not work? I know you all have the rear airbags, but is there much more difference then that?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
I don't have an SS, but a lifted TB withh SS wheels is OK - isn't it?
I know we all have different tastes - I just wanted to give you an idea what it looks like.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ok will some one just send me,
2wd SS
head n cam package
full exhaust
maggie supercharger
and about 20g's for the miscellaneous stuff, (wheels n tires, rear mini tub, shortend rear end, cage, custom baja front fenders, suspension, ect.)
Better make it 30g's, dont want it to look like a junker.;)

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I'm not real familiar with the SS suspension, but would Mark's kit not work? I know you all have the rear airbags, but is there much more difference then that?
The SS front suspension is the same as everything else, just a different (shorter) spring and shock. Could run the spacers easily but eh Id rather buy the coilovers so I can drop it in the spring/summer/fall. But didnt think about alignments, that would get pricey quick as $60 a time, 2x per year.

I really need to make some $$ this summer so I can keep both TBs in the fam, problem solved!:duh:

I don't have an SS, but a lifted TB withh SS wheels is OK - isn't it?
I know we all have different tastes - I just wanted to give you an idea what it looks like.
Thats not as bad as I imagined it at all. But you need some bigger AT tires on the rims to make it look even better!

·
Registered
694 Posts
I just inherited $27.2 million from a dead uncle in Nigeria I never knew I had. Actually never even knew I had any Nigerian roots. Or DNA. :cool:

I'll just send some of that along. I should be getting it Fedexed next week.
:dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh:I doubt anybody got that besides me, but that was very funny!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
me and foosh were actuallly talkin about this during our infamous exhaust swap...he said he would be the first...we both agreed, obtaining the ss would be the most difficult part :bonk:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.