Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I'm going to have to do a big road trip this winter (in the sub arctic of Canada) and I want to equip my envoy with some off road lighting to help with long dark stretches of nothingness.

Right now, I'm thinking of getting a Westin light bar: http://westinautomotive.com/westin/viewproduct.jsp?prod=Safari+Light+Bar&id=20&vehicleId=21706

And two LightForce halogen lights (170's). http://www.highperformancelighting.ca/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_123&products_id=189

I'm curious if anyone else is running a similar setup and if they could give me any feedback on this setup.

Additionally, I want to run a switch to the dash that triggers the relay for the lights. In the end, if the switch is "on" and I hit the high-beams then the two additional lamps come on, and if the switch is off, when I hit the h-beams they don't come on.

Also I've thought about the DRL killer mod to run the quad beam lamps but I don't want to go that path as there are large stretches of highway (up to 400km) of nothing in between and I don't want to start overheating the wiring or melting lenses (even though it would be winter, etc.)

Anyway, all thoughts appreciated.

Thanks!
-Mike

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,357 Posts
You may want to check out ORTB.com - a site which has people who are quite versed in this kind of stuff.

Fwiw, I have that same bar with a set of 55w halogens and the light output is ok... I'm sure it would be better if they were mounted on the roof however.

If you have any other queries, hit me up via email at cdngman at gmail dot com - I'm not usually on this site, but on the "other one"... ;)

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
9 Posts
I would go with some Kragen HIDs< can find cheap or various company's selling LED light bars which out perform any light out there. I would never buy a halogen light again. I run all HIDs on my Prerunner. Haven't stepped up to LEDs yet. But have buddies that have them and race with them. And the output is just amazing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts