Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Trailblazer LTZ and I am needing to replace the front struts/springs as well as the rear shocks/springs. I would also like to add a suspension lift without the use of blocks or buffer plugs. I was wondering if the suspension from a 2005-2008 Silverado 1500 4x4 would fit the 2003 Trailblazer? Also, would I run into any problems with the stabilizer bars, upper/lower control arms, tie-rods, steering components and any related joints/mounts/clamps? As it is right now, I have absolutely no travel with the suspension on the truck, so a quick, non-sarcastic and helpful answer would be appreciated. If you're just going to sound off like the rest of the trolls that are out there, please save your breathe. There is more than enough negativity to go around without it being spewed out here. Thank you in advance. If it ends up to work, I'll post pics to show the end results.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I understand that you would like it taller another advice I can give and I did this with my blazer is that I used the original equipment and I put 265/70r16 tires on it if you wanted to that route. But depending on how tall you would like it. When I put the bigger tires on mine I like the stents alot better. Hope this also helps as well

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand that you would like it taller another advice I can give and I did this with my blazer is that I used the original equipment and I put 265/70r16 tires on it if you wanted to that route. But depending on how tall you would like it. When I put the bigger tires on mine I like the stents alot better. Hope this also helps as well
I honestly didn't think about the wheel size. Thanks for making that point, Taken45. I'm currently driving on 245/70/R17's and am planning on swapping them out for either 30's or 32's on a 17-inch wheel. I need the taller suspension both for clearance and for travel. If I stay with the factory strut kits and rear shocks/springs, I'll have to use the neoprene buffer/spacer lift kits on the suspension which does not alter or increase the length of travel beyond stock specs. Seeing as I am setting this up for use in sand and mountains, I'll need that extra travel as well as the added height and stance. Having said that, the merits of dropping an inch from the wheel diameter would also help with lowering the cost of the tires.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hope this will help can you look into places that can help with struts like pick them up truck parts store summite racing or places like that? I know they can be more expensive if you go this route but I think it could help in the long run I know just depending on your budget. But is just another thought. I hope this may help.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
137 Posts
I was wondering if the suspension from a 2005-2008 Silverado 1500 4x4 would fit the 2003 Trailblazer?
Anything can be welded or bolted to anything else. It's not going to be easy.

Also, would I run into any problems with the stabilizer bars, upper/lower control arms, tie-rods, steering components and any related joints/mounts/clamps?
How much of the Silverado suspension would you be transferring?

"I" would NOT bother with a transplant from an otherwise non-compatible vehicle. I don't need that sort of complication.

As it is right now, I have absolutely no travel with the suspension on the truck
I don't understand this at all. Why do you not have the OEM suspension travel?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anything can be welded or bolted to anything else. It's not going to be easy.

How much of the Silverado suspension would you be transferring?

"I" would NOT bother with a transplant from an otherwise non-compatible vehicle. I don't need that sort of complication.

I don't understand this at all. Why do you not have the OEM suspension travel?
both the springs and shocks are flat with zero (no) compression or return left. I am looking at a full suspension system replacement which is why I am considering the lift and possible partial/full system swap to a different style of suspension system. the only type of shock absorption I get while driving is from the cushion off my tires themselves.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
137 Posts
both the springs and shocks are flat with zero (no) compression or return left... ...the only type of shock absorption I get while driving is from the cushion off my tires themselves.
This is so extremely unlikely that I want to see photos. Clear, in-focus, nicely-cropped, of the springs front and rear, the rear shocks, and the axle sitting on the bump-stops.

Sounds to me like you need fresh springs front and rear; and to fix whatever else is worn-out or damaged.. You don't need a suspension swap from a non-compatible vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts