Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good OEM radio repair shop? I have found a few online but not having used any of them before I would like a recommendation. My problem is my 6 disc changer is not working and I would like to get it repaired. I would put in an aftermarket deck if I could keep my rear audio system, I desperately need that since I have two children who like to listen to the Wiggles and other such things. Everyone I have talked to says the only way to keep the rear audio system is to keep the original deck.:sadcry:

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts
United radio in Syracuse NY, Specmo in Detroit Mi, both are Delphi authorized

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
678 Posts
Take a burn into the classified section. There are always guys upgrading there stereos here and Im sure there are more then a few OEM head units floating around. May end up about as cost effective as getting yours repaired.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
Take a burn into the classified section. There are always guys upgrading there stereos here and Im sure there are more then a few OEM head units floating around. May end up about as cost effective as getting yours repaired.
Many of the GM radios have theftlock, and will have to be reprogrammed by a Tech II. This cost may outweigh getting the radio repaired.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
11 Posts
Radio Repair H&R Auto Radio

Hello I hope this helps.

I am new to TV. Years ago I was a parts manager for a Cadillac Oldsmobile dealer in PA. We always used H&R Radio in Warminster PA. Every dealer in Southeast PA used them. I think they are still GM certified. Most dealers now just exchange the radio for you.
I hope I am not out of line by recomending them, they always did a great job.
http://www.hrautoradio.com/

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
1,356 Posts
Hello I hope this helps.

I am new to TV. Years ago I was a parts manager for a Cadillac Oldsmobile dealer in PA. We always used H&R Radio in Warminster PA. Every dealer in Southeast PA used them. I think they are still GM certified. Most dealers now just exchange the radio for you.
I hope I am not out of line by recomending them, they always did a great job.
http://www.hrautoradio.com/
I have used them before .. although many years ago .. and know others that have as well .. and all have been very happy with them ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts