Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
215 Posts
Here is a quick Temp. Fix

My radio antenna broke off (w/ screw for base) after nailing some mail boxes. I took some stainless steel fishing leeder wire (you can find this in the walmart fishing section, or your very own tackle box), and made a little loop on the end so it would sort of fit in the hole where the antenna base use to stick out. It is about 1 cm by 1/4 cm when folded. I then filled in the hole with solder. After it set, I yanked on it and there is no way it will come out until I re-heat the solder. I then ran the rust-proof fishing leeder under the rubber seal on the pass. side of the windshield, continued on over the pass. side door, and cut it. The whole thing cost me nothing, because I had all the items. Radio reception improved immediately however it isn't quite as good as stock. I would think a spool of fishing leeder is about $2.50, and solder is about $2.00. Borrow a soldering iron if you don't have one. That is a $4.50 way fix your antenna problem with a broken base, or delete your existing antenna if you don't like how it looks. SIDE NOTE: For the people who want to get rid of their antenna or put a shorter one on, the other value to using a stock antenna is that it's the highest point on your vehicle. Some parking garages are quite vertically challenged, and the antenna, can save you and your pocket a good chunk of change.

· Banned
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
215 Posts
I will get some pics going shortly. The loop is not a concern. It just helps hold in the fishing leeder while you solder. Make sure you get fishing leeder for salt-water fishing, guaranteed not to rust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.