Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys, i snapped of my radio antenna and need to replace antenna and base that it screw on to, since the bolt snapped off inside the antenna threads!!! (ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK STRAPS HOLDING KAYAK ON ROOF:duh:) Anyways so i was wondering if anyone knows oem part #'s and best places to find?? It's not a desperate matter but i play my mp3 tunes through an FM Modulator so no tunage till fixed!! thanks for the help.... 2002 TRAILBLAZER LS

(MORON COMMENTS ARE IN ORDER) :crackup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
744 Posts
i think for like 15 bucks, at any auto parts store, you can get the base and a shorter antenna that works just as well as the stock one. they are pretty universal, and the package will even say its for GM applications.
good luck!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not our tradition to call noobs names (in public that is) ;), but I *do* have a collection of Photoshopped Garfields that can fit most occasions.

LOVE IT hahaha MUCH DESERVED!!! :crackup:

WHATS WORST WAS I WAS IN A busy MCD'S DRIVE THRU WHEN IT HAPPENED ALMOST CLIPPED CAR IN FRONT OF ME!!! :bonk: :bonk:

I FELT LIKE DRIVING OFF AND LEAVING THE KAYAK BEHIND!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I feel like making you go back and edit all your YELLING posts when you get a computer that works instead of the Teletype machine you must be banging away on now.

I GUESS I COULD HAVE NOT JUST BOUGHT A WHOLE BUNCH OF PARTS TO LIFT MY TB AND BUY A NEW LAPTOP FOR MY SHOP, bUT YELLING Is SO MUCH MORE FUN!!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
47 Posts
Mine snapped off the same way. I ignored it for a while because I used satellite radio, but I might try to screw an after market one in the nub thats left.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Happened to me today!

It was the dreaded car wash... snapped it even with the base. Do I have to replace all the wiring all the way to the radio? With my luck I am sure I do...but I might get lucky...what if I just left it off and installed a satellite radio? Any thoughts on that? I am in the car alot and I would rather have satellite if someone can suggest something for that as well that would be uber cool. Thanks in advance..and yes, I am a big dummy when it comes to this so no big words...thanks

LOL:hissy::thx

·
Banned
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
215 Posts
Here is a quick Temp. Fix

My radio antenna broke off (w/ screw for base) after nailing some mail boxes. I took some stainless steel fishing leeder wire (you can find this in the walmart fishing section, or your very own tackle box), and made a little loop on the end so it would sort of fit in the hole where the antenna base use to stick out. It is about 1 cm by 1/4 cm when folded. I then filled in the hole with solder. After it set, I yanked on it and there is no way it will come out until I re-heat the solder. I then ran the rust-proof fishing leeder under the rubber seal on the pass. side of the windshield, continued on over the pass. side door, and cut it. The whole thing cost me nothing, because I had all the items. Radio reception improved immediately however it isn't quite as good as stock. I would think a spool of fishing leeder is about $2.50, and solder is about $2.00. Borrow a soldering iron if you don't have one. That is a $4.50 way fix your antenna problem with a broken base, or delete your existing antenna if you don't like how it looks. SIDE NOTE: For the people who want to get rid of their antenna or put a shorter one on, the other value to using a stock antenna is that it's the highest point on your vehicle. Some parking garages are quite vertically challenged, and the antenna, can save you and your pocket a good chunk of change.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds good but I have no clue what you are talking about LOL

My radio antenna broke off (w/ screw for base) after nailing some mail boxes. I took some stainless steel fishing leeder wire (you can find this in the walmart fishing section, or your very own tackle box), and made a little loop on the end so it would sort of fit in the hole where the antenna base use to stick out. It is about 1 cm by 1/4 cm when folded. I then filled in the hole with solder. After it set, I yanked on it and there is no way it will come out until I re-heat the solder. I then ran the rust-proof fishing leeder under the rubber seal on the pass. side of the windshield, continued on over the pass. side door, and cut it. The whole thing cost me nothing, because I had all the items. Radio reception improved immediately however it isn't quite as good as stock. I would think a spool of fishing leeder is about $2.50, and solder is about $2.00. Borrow a soldering iron if you don't have one. That is a $4.50 way fix your antenna problem with a broken base, or delete your existing antenna if you don't like how it looks. SIDE NOTE: For the people who want to get rid of their antenna or put a shorter one on, the other value to using a stock antenna is that it's the highest point on your vehicle. Some parking garages are quite vertically challenged, and the antenna, can save you and your pocket a good chunk of change.
YES I am engineering challenged. Sounds good, just no way to implement without pictures. so this loop? How large I assume it sticks up? where does the other end go? Again, I am a doofus about all the tech aspects. Thanks in advance. And thank you , for trying to make me understand:bonk:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,214 Posts
Several of the posters with broken antennas have '02 model year trucks, didn't the TB use the diversity antenna like the Envoy did for that year? (The diversity antenna is in the rear quarter panel glass and not a whip on the fender/cowl).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Trailblazer dude

Man, I am going to tell you, that looks so simple that I could do it...and I am going to try tomorrow. But you just take it through the fender and up the door? and that's it...just let it lay behind the weather stripping? thanks so much...HOW can I every repay you? Kudos to you sir:thx:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
14 Posts
wowww...great idea!!!!!!!

After months of figuring out what Im going to do about my broken antenna....this is the best idea. Especially that I dont want that long ass antenna. Liked the clean look, but hated not having my radio.:thx:thx:thx

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.