Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 60 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I suppose I am a bit of a GMT360 snob. I am a pround owner of a low mileage '06 Saab 9-7x 5.3. I am looking to put in a factory Nav unit but am having difficulty finding the part number. Also, I would like to add the OEM XM unit as well. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
Just get the 15800000 radio, that's the latest version. I couldn't help you with the XM though, I didn't bother with it in my truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question

I have been reading over these threads and need a clarification. I have a 2007 Traillazer LT without the Bose system does have XM. I would like to purchase the Nav system. There are several in the "marketplace". Do I need a Non Lux unit? What esle will I need to convert this over? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
I have been reading over these threads and need a clarification. I have a 2007 Traillazer LT without the Bose system does have XM. I would like to purchase the Nav system. There are several in the "marketplace". Do I need a Non Lux unit? What esle will I need to convert this over? Thanks
You need non-lux. The Lux Bose systems in the TBs only went from 2002 to early 2004.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
20 Posts
Which nav would apply to me?

After reading this thread, I am still confused which Navigation unit would fit my trailblazer. I don't have bose, and it has the standard cd player in it. In addition what is the difference with INR and TNR

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
After reading this thread, I am still confused which Navigation unit would fit my trailblazer. I don't have bose, and it has the standard cd player in it. In addition what is the difference with INR and TNR
TNR is touchscreen INR is non-touchscreen. Since you don't have Bose, you'll have to find a radio that is for non-Bose trucks. Which won't be easy to do since most of them had Bose either in lux or non-lux. They are out there, but you'll just have th search. And dont' trust the descriptions on eBay, most of those sellers have no clue what they have. Search for the part number to find what you need.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
JDhl, If you want the OEM look, you will need to get one out of a Buick Rendezvous without Bose.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
20 Posts
So which one of these (from the beginning of the thread) part numbers would apply to my trailblazer. I have a rpo code of UB0

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
So which one of these (from the beginning of the thread) part numbers would apply to my trailblazer. I have a rpo code of UB0
You need the 15811289. That is the touchscreen for non-Bose trucks. There are none on eBay right now though.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
331 Posts
will a Second Revision LUX TNR (15230099) work in a 03 Tb Lt with bose syten and the UQA rpo????

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Here's the part of DURAtotheMAX's installation instructions that covers the VSS wire.

DURAtotheMAX said:
***NOTE*** You MAY or MAY NOT have to do this step (wire the VSS wire).
For 2005, im 99% sure all of the GMT-800 vehicles already have the
VSS wire in place as standard. My '05 Duramax LT Crew Cab already had
it… If your truck is a 2005 there is no
reason it shouldnt have it. 2004.5 MAY or may not have it. 2003 and
early 2004 definetly wont have it; only the Escalades and Denali's had
it back then because the Nav was an option that was exclusive to
those two vehicles... You can check for it
by looking at the radio C2 connector (the smaller one). Check if there
is a DARK GREEN wire going into pin "E". If its there, the VSS wire is
already in place and you dont have to worry about wiring it.
Alternatively, you can temporarrily plug in the TNR and start driving
forward...if the "destination programming screen/section" gets grayed
out as you go above 10 mph or so, then the VSS wire is working
properly.***

VSS WIRING INSTRUCTIONS IF YOU DON’T ALREADY HAVE THE WIRE:

You will have to remove the instrument cluster. Unbolt the 4
bolts that hold it in and pull it forward and unplug it. Find the wire
that goes into the A4 pin of the gauges connector. It will be a green
with white stripe wire. This is the VSS wire. Use a plastic wire
tap/Scotchloc connector and tap into this wire. Run the wire and make
sure it is long enough to reach the "radio C2" connector (the smaller
radio connector). Now take another of those "unused" pins that you cut
off of the amp harness. Splice it onto the end of the "new" VSS wire.
Then, pry off the pin retaining clip from the radio C2 connector. Then
push the pin into the "E" position. (see diagrams for which position
is E...its also in tiny tiny letters on the plastic connector) Snap
the retaining clip back on.

·
Registered
331 Posts
wouldn't my 03 Tb have the vss wire, since my original in-dash 6 disc changer has the AUTO VOLUME option that works as i speed up. i'm guessing it is already there.

?????????????????

·
Registered
331 Posts
I finally insatlled my tnr 15230099 in my 03 TB but i still don't know if it will work because it has the theftlock activated, i called the dealer and they say it is not possible to unlock it because they need to know what vehicle the unit came from. How did everybody unlock theire's????

if i get it unlock, will it work?? I have an 03 TB, RPO "UQA" and according to what i read that is the lux system and the radio i got is for the lux system.

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
The dealer can unlock it. It's done with the Tech II on the navigation units. They don't need to know what vehicle it came from. The problem is that you're talking to a service advisor and when someone calls in with something like this they just blow you off instead of going and asking if anyone knows how to do it. Tell them to hook the Tech II to your truck and build the vehicle as a 2005 "C" truck and go into Body and select that it has Navigation. Then go to the Radio and somewhere in there there's an option to relearn the VIN or something to that affect. They'll probably tell you that they can't select a different type of vehicle like that, but just tell them you want them to do it anyway. It will work because that's exactly how I did it, just tell them it has to be done that way because Trailblazers couldn't get navigation from the factory until 2004.

Once they unlock it, it will work. Did you already run the VSS wire?

·
Registered
331 Posts
ok, i finally got the dealer to unlock my stereo, but NO SOUND COMES FROM THE SPEAKERS??? i though UQA was a lux system and that the stero i put(15230099) was for the lux system.

any ideas?????

HELP

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
That part number is definately a lux radio and 2002 through early 2004 TBs are lux Bose. There's no sound at all? Are there any chimes (like when you leave the key in the ignition and open the door or leave the lights on)?

·
Registered
331 Posts
the chime is on, if i leave the key in or the lights on, the chime goes on. I know for fact that gm puts the chime in the radio and comes trough the speaker. and it does work, but no music from the radio nor a cd.

HELP:thx

41 - 60 of 402 Posts